HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

MPG Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MPG Question

Originally Posted by globalwarming
I worked out an average mpg today and I am getting 26 mpg!! I think that there is a problem with my car. I have noticed a lot of heavy vibrations when idle. Help, anyone!

Even if I try the lowest i have ever gotten in a tank was 37mpg, but that was flying. I don't know how 26mpg is possible unless you drive up mtn roads every day, and never come down them.

In earlier post, you were getting 50mpg... and now 26mpg? If you are truly concern have the service manager take the car for a ride, have him/her confirm your results.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Hypermiler wanna Be
Default Re: MPG Question

Originally Posted by msantos
The Prius in one of the hybrids that gets better mileage in city duty.

Cheers;

MSantos
I have a friend who purchased a Prius, and we are often comparing FE (I have an '06 HCHII). My daily commute is 45 miles each way (albeit into Chicago's Loop), where she drives short trips around town.

Her FE in the Prius is not impressive (and she is just as fanatical as I am about FE).

While my FE is boosted by the longer drive time (car works best when up to temperature, etc), I find that highway driving, especially over 60 MPH, is not terribly good in the HCH.

Also, in our cold Chicago winter, both the HCH and the Prius suffered from lower FE. I think my friend's Prius suffered more because of the short trips, while mine was lower but offset some once the car got up to temperature and autostop kicked in.

I have about 18,000 miles now since last May or so. I get a kick out of driving this little car and am every pleased that I purchased it.