HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Mirror turn signal lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Enthusiast
Question Mirror turn signal lights

The other day I had a rare opportunity to watch my wife drive my 2007 Civic Hybrid home after we met at a restaurant for dinner. I was surprised to see how weak the side mirror turn signal lights were; I could barely see them from across a parking lot.

Has anyone replaced these bulbs with something brighter? I am intrigued by the possibility of using LED replacements, but don't know the legal implications. Are brighter and/or different colored bulbs an option?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Mirror turn signal lights

I have a 06 HCH II and the side mirror lights appear to be working just fine. This is a 2006 Model not the 2007 but I do not see why Honda would have made the 07's less bright.

I just went down and turned them on to see how Bright they Appear. They don't exactly Blind you but if you were in the lane next to me you could not miss them I don't think.

As you say they are not Super Bright but I guess they are not suppose to be.

Terry (Tiger)

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-27-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mirror turn signal lights

I'm afraid you won't be able to change the lamp / LED on this...

I had the misfortune of getting a rock in mine. I figured I'd just get the lens and fix it myself. Well, I was shocked to find that the entire lamp and lens are one sealed unit! In other words, you won't be able to change just a bulb or LED... unless you saw the polycarbonate housing apart! For my broken lens, it cost $100 to replace the darned thing (parts only... I did the labor).

Old 03-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Mirror turn signal lights

I just picked up a rock that shattered my driver side mirror turn signal lens. How hard was it to disassemble the housing to change out the lens/unit.
I try to do most minor repairs myslef. Also, it looks like it has LEDs in it already.
Mine is 2008 model. Thanks.