HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IPOD adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default IPOD adapter

Does anyone have an ipod adapter installed in their car? If so, what kind?

Old 01-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IPOD adapter

In my previous car, I had the Harmond Kardon Drive+Play. Review Here At first it was a slick alternative to a tape deck adapter, but I became frustrated with the user interface. It just wasn't the iPod's. Close, but not there yet.

So with the Civic, I use the Griffin TuneFlex since it has an MP3 input right next to the cigarette lighter. I figure that the iPod interface is going to change significantly in the next 8 years or so. So having the actual iPod mounted next to the Nav unit, I can always have the easy iPod interface, and still be able to switch between my Nano and iPod and Shuffle. (For the Shuffle, I just plug it into the mp3 adapter below)

I've put a piece of Velcro behind the upper part of the TuneFlex to keep it from moving at all. I'm thrilled with the setup and it sells for $50, although it seems to be hard to find from your regular Best Buy or Circuit City. I finally just ordered it from Amazon

Civic Pics with the Tuneflex[IMG]

Last edited by flyforfun; 01-28-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Cleaning up and adding links.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IPOD adapter

I posted this last week on the general civic section

Quote:
I have been looking a while for a way to control my ipod through my steering whell without having to shell out close to 150 dollars.

I found this line of products that works great in my 2006 civic hybrid even though they do not claim to be compatible for the 2006 line.

On mine I can toggle between the first five playlists on my steering wheel and can go forward track backward track FF RR. On my head unit I can hit random and repeat. I am not able to do random within an album. Additionally it charges your ipod

You can find them on ebay going dirt cheap. I won my for under 35 including shipping. They have been discontinued but they are the same technology as the ones at Diceelectronics.

search for dension and honda r3.