HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

IMA, Check Engine and Battery Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
For my daughter
Default Re: IMA, Check Engine and Battery Light

Another IMA warning light this morning. Desappeared when started the car at the end of day but appeared again at mid trip. I have an appointment to the dealer tomorrow. We will see.

PierreM.

--- Update 2008-04-09 4h39 PM ---------------------

They did not find. They keep the car for tomorrow.

PierreM.

Last edited by PapaMile; 04-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

What is the verdict?, Pierre. Or is it still in the hospital. H

Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
For my daughter

Call received the April, 10 : They finally found but have to wait for THE tool. My guess: it will ends with a sensor remplacement. I should have the car at the end of monday. I'am waiting the invoice to give you the full picture.

Stay tuned.

PierreM.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:27 PM
For my daughter

The verdict : Frankly I'am quite disapointed with the details of the invoice. I got a laconic "IMA Module replaced". I bought the HCH in early 2007 and I know there is a batch of bad sensors. So, it was just a question on time, I guess. The only little thing that made me upset is they likely made a long road test and my tank average of 47mpg (it's still winter here) falls to 30mpg.

I think they made a good job and did not have to problem to get THE tool.

It's done, let's look forward,

edit : I have put the summer tires the same day, so the today average (53 or 54 ) doesn't mean a lot.

PierreM.

Last edited by PapaMile; 04-15-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

OK... so they did not go all the way in your case either.

I assume then, they only changed the MCM simply because... they could no longer update/rollback the software as it is often the case?
Anyhow, what is important is that you're now back to normal and it is indeed time to undo the winter damage to our FE.

I too got my winter wheels off almost two weeks ago and I've been pulling some wicked segments since. I need to get as many of those to get back into the "above EPA" zone.

Hey, Pierre... will you be at Hybridfest this year?

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
For my daughter

Yes, I think, passing under 100% of the combined EPA this winter was worst than pass from 39 to 40 year old. But I have a new friend I didn't have last summer : a block eater. 60mpg should be something regular in summer 2008, likely a minimum.

Hybridfest is for Hypermilers what is Oshkosh for aviation : a must. It's a long ride +/- 1600km, frankly not that much longer than from Winnipeg, but....No, it won't be this year. Actually, my real phantasm would be to create a Canadian version of it. Will you go on your side ?

If you want to practice your french, I have put on the net the french translation of the advanced hypermiling techniques (with the approuval of the authors) http://www3.sympatico.ca/pierre.moris7/hyperm.htm

bye,

PierreM

Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Yes, I agree Pierre. I too dropped below EPA and that felt like a BIG ton of bricks landing on the head.

But look at it this way, we get a lot more fun trying to jack it back up to where it should be.

Originally Posted by PapaMile
...No, it won't be this year. Actually, my real phantasm would be to create a Canadian version of it. Will you go on your side ?
That's my dream too, but even if we got all the hybrid clubs in Canada committed to such an event, we would still come up short in terms of size and relevance.
So, it looks like for now we'll have to lend our presence to the Madison-WI event until the success and broader HEV acceptance spills over the border to us. Neither Honda nor Toyota are very interested in sponsoring such events in our tiny market. Yep, I've been down that road to know.

But, yes, I'll be at HF2008 this year.

I've been neglecting my French for over 20 years. So much so that I get nothing but embarrassment when I talk to my folks. So, I'll take your offer and check your "éco-conduire" translation.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 PM
For my daughter

The auto-stop doesn't work anymore. I will take another appointement next monday. I keep you informed.

PM

Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

For auto-stop diagnostics, suggest that the HVAC system controllers should be checked for faults.

This was the root of my auto-stop problems, and it took my dealer a week to figure it out.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 AM
For my daughter

It started to work when coming back from the restaurant. The engin was not more hot than the end of the afternoon, yet.

Anyways, we will see.

PM

Quick Reply: IMA, Check Engine and Battery Light

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands