HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Headlight Aiming

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Headlight Aiming

Does anyone know how to do it ???? What bolts I'm supposed to adjust. I'm confused. Someone on here said they were on the rear of the housing. Now, there is one central bolt, and there are screws surrounding the light itself. Which one adjusts the aiming of it ???? I want to turn it down so people are even less likely to be blinded by my lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Headlight Aiming

turn them down??? then u will see less of the road infront of you. You should see a hole above the headlights..through there you'll see a spot where u can fit ur long screw driver and spin the small wheel to go up or down.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:59 PM

Yes I know it will turn them down, but I would like to cut down on the glare for automobiles. I see that wheel with the teeth on it. But it has a bolt holding it into the car. Why can't you adjust the bolt itself ???? Why would you need to turn the wheel using the little teeth instead ????

Old 11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

Originally Posted by mexiken
Does anyone know how to do it ???? What bolts I'm supposed to adjust. I'm confused. Someone on here said they were on the rear of the housing. Now, there is one central bolt, and there are screws surrounding the light itself. Which one adjusts the aiming of it ???? I want to turn it down so people are even less likely to be blinded by my lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When I got my 06 HCH last year, the lights were aimed very low. I took it by the dealer and they showed me where to place a long philips screwdriver to adjust the housing. There is one screw...don't play with anything else, near the rear of the housing.

Basically you pull up to a garage door or other flat surface and mark the center of the light shinning on the door. I used blue masking tape, as not to mar the surface of the door. Then back up 20 ft. You want the adjustment of the lights to be about 2" below the original mark when you were up close to the garage door. Mine were way off, but now they are perfect.

Since you are concerned they are too high, then I guess you would adjust them down, instead of up, but the same process. Of course you need to do this at night. There is a very sharp edge to the upper part of the light, probably do to the body shape in the headlight area. I am surprised that your's are aimed too hight.

I asked the dealer and they said thats not something they check, as long as the headlights turn on, they are happy!!

Let me know if you have any questions, or need help finding the hole/screw. You will need a long philips #2 screwdriver.

Best regards,

Bob, Georgetown, TX

Old 11-13-2006, 10:51 PM

I see the wheel with the teeth on it, but it has a bolt also. I just loosened or tightened the bolt, and it aimed it both up and down. I turned them down since I have HID's and even though I sincerely don't think it was that bad to begin with, I turned them down anyway just to be on the safe side. I'd rather give up a little light for someone else's saftey.