HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Most Wanted Feature Not Available

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Most Wanted Feature Not Available

Ah yes i didn't realise it, but doesn't your manual refer to the fold down arm rest for the cup holders wich you don't have? Is verry strange i know from previous visits to the US that cupholders are (along with ac in every location where you stay longer than 1 minute) an absolute necessity.

I personally couldn't care less if my car had 4, 6 or 8 cup holders.

ah and to refresh your memory may i point out that these delicous and luxurious seats (or perhaps a throne would be more appropriate are heated)

Here's another photo (right hand drive)

and the exterior of my hybrid

Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

You are a very, VERY cruel man !!!!

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by EZ2beGreen
For all of us American's drooling Honda has stated in recent dealer meetings that it is considering the fesability of offering factory leather interior in the Civics. Seeing as it is available overseas, I imagine the we will get this option available (hopefully as early as 2008 MY. I also imagine the Canucks will have it available...
Yeah, we Canucks have that stuff too but only in the Acura CSX trim (body style and all) .

I suspect Honda will not offer it (even in the hybrid model) unless they want to canibilize their Acura CSX sales. In the end, although hopeful, I still have my reservations.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 10-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msantos
Yeah, we Canucks have that stuff too but only in the Acura CSX trim (body style and all) .

I suspect Honda will not offer it (even in the hybrid model) unless they want to canibilize their Acura CSX sales. In the end, although hopeful, I still have my reservations.

Cheers;

MSantos
Temporarily forgot about the CSX...

You Canucks already have a Civic with leather and all the toys (in the form of the Acura CSX) - just not a Hybrid Civic with leather...

You are right, they may offer leather in the Civic lineup and then not the Hybrid, who knows?

Old 10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

you can have leather seat covers installed. My friend has an 04 civic with leather here in indiana. the dealership had the cloth removed and aftermarket leather installed I think it cost about 500 bucks, which is about what i am looking at spending for a nice set of fitted neoprene seat covers.

by the way my wish list:
  • navigation nag screen removal
  • navigation routing through "unverified" areas to work
  • working factory ipod controls
  • video in for the navigation screen
  • no XM radio
  • bluetooth
  • AC outlets for powering my laptop and other stuff
  • detailed data on the nav screen about the hybrid systems, such as watt hour readings, charge / discharge rates / battery temp etc.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twuelfing
the dealership had the cloth removed and aftermarket leather installed I think it cost about 500 bucks,
It's actually in the range of 2 to 3 times that amount.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

(old topic, with new input)

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
4. Sun Roof - Come on, what were you thinking!!! No solution for me.
You can still have one, if you're desperate: The Decano Fake Sunroof

Last edited by spinner; 04-14-2008 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Fixed bbcode
Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

A couple people have mentioned more cup holders or rear cup holders. The rear ones are available OEM from Honda as an accessory. Pricey but well worth it. I bought mine the day I bought my car. More info halfway down this page:

http://www.handaaccessories.com/civint06.html

Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast

Sun roofs create drag, which is why they aren't available. Also, someone mentioned that when they asked the salesperson why there wasn't bluetooth, he responed 'Hey, it's not a Lexus." The Prius has available Bluetooth, so why doesn't the Civic Hybrid have it?

In addition to the Bluetooth I wish there was a backup camera. This is another option that is available on the Prius. Our other car is an 08 Lexus ES350 and it has the backup camera--it makes parking lots and driveways much easier and safer.

Overall the Prius had a lot of the features I wanted, but the Civic Hybrid is much more comfortable, has a superior interior and sleeker exterior design, and seemed like a better fit for me.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Enthusiast

When I found that I could not get Blue Tooth technology on a Civic Hybrid, I walked next door and and bought the Camry Hybrid. No brainer.

Quick Reply: HCH-II Most Wanted Feature Not Available

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands