HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Most Wanted Feature Not Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Most Wanted Feature Not Available

WRXSTi - Just your post alone sucked more gas out of our cars then all of us idling for 4 hours for one day. =) A friend of mine has a white STi from last year and I drool every time I hear him drive by. My last car which the HCH-II replaced was a '95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (4,200# with fuel and me at the curb, 320-hp stock, AWD, twin turbo). It was such the opposite car than this HCH-II. Nice to see you on the list though - enjoy the sound of the STi when it goes by. =)

Anyway, I have no sympathy for those of you who couldn't wait the 6-10 weeks for your Mag Pearl car. Shame on you as well. I ordered my car in mid-March and waited until August 7 to finally drive one home - all of that time minus the last week was waiting for the local dealership (Valley Honda in Monroeville, PA <-- do NOT waste your time ordering or buying a car from these folks ... a complete waste of time for me) to come through on my order. When they kept putting it off "another two weeks" then I finally had it and found the same car I ordered (color, option, etc.) at a dealership (Leesburg Honda in Leesburg, VA) and less than one week later I drove it home. So I got to wait 20 weeks for my car. Neener, neener, neener.

Maybe THAT is why I appreciate it so much. If I had to wait 3 days then it would have meant nothing. After the first dealership said it would take 8 weeks then I found a buyer for my car and decided to sell it at week 12. Well, week 8 came and went, week 9, week 10, week 11, etc. and still no new car to replace the one I was about to sell. Argh. I drove from Pittsburgh, PA to San Francisco, CA to sell my car and then had to borrow/rent a car for the next two months waiting for the local dealership to shoot themselves in the foot.

Also, the delay in the local place failing to get me my car I was shut out of the PA tax rebate on Hybrid cars and it only just came back online earlier this month but I don't know if it is the same price as before. I lost lots of money on fuel, tax rebates, maintenance, etc. I'm starting to make up for it though in saving even a minimum of $50 a week in gas but for the 3 months I did not have this car that amounts to $600 I lost in gas. Ouch. Time to make up for it from now on.

Shelly - Apology accepted. Just owning a HCH means you are on the "good" list so even a bland color is better than no HCH, right? We're all in the same family here. =)

Old 10-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Enthusiast

FAR and AWAY...All electric mode for short/low-speed trips

after that:

leather interior
a truly premium sound system (ala Mark Levinson)
tire pressure monitor
sunroof
better color choices
better lighting in/around ignition
HID Xenon headlamps

I could probably go on...can you tell I'm dissapointed?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

It's incredible to see the differences between the different versions worldwide. eventough i haven't got the satnav (doesn't matter i prefer my garmin wich i also use on my bike on my euro trips)

i do have:

Leather seats
heated seats
reardisc brakes
traction control and stability control
a verry nice audio setup incl indash 6 cd changer
and perhaps e few other things you guys don't have over there!

Old 10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Where are you?

Old 10-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

The Netherlands Europe (between England and Germany)

Old 10-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You guys get everything!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm just wondering if these things are available to purchase here in the US from overseas or if we could get a list of these great part numbers. I heard that the Japanese version has Adaptive Cruise Control but that might have just been the pre-release model.

I think I've seen someone add the rear bumper with proximity sensors to aid in backing but this might have been from a non-Hybrid Civic. Still - it would be nice to have a list of parts in this thread with the part number for people who are interested in purchasing them. The only mods I have so far are the stock Full Nose Mask, stock Splash Guards, and the stock Engine Block Heater though the last item has not been installed yet. I would be interested in the backup-assist bumper or a rearview camera to the Nav screen perhaps.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Only a regular cruise control is standard, i've read that the asian version differs slightly. Bluetooth is an option in the euro version.

Here is a picture of the beige leather interior.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

BlueVFRank;

OK, Now you 've done it!!!

Do you realize how many people on this side of the Atlantic are going to be drooling at your picture (myself included) for the next couple of days?

Have you no shame !!!!

NOTE: I really like the fold down rear armrest. I wish we had that along with the cup holders.

Thanks for the picture.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 10-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

For all of us American's drooling Honda has stated in recent dealer meetings that it is considering the fesability of offering factory leather interior in the Civics. Seeing as it is available overseas, I imagine the we will get this option available (hopefully as early as 2008 MY. I also imagine the Canucks will have it available...

Quick Reply: HCH-II Most Wanted Feature Not Available

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands