HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Ditto, my friend. I actually got the nickname at work (1996) and had a plate that next year on my '96 Accord EX (definitely not a flashy car) and kept the plate until 2000 when I got a flashy car (Mitsu 3000GT VR-4 and lotsa power). I ended up selling my car to my parents and my mom just would *not* release my license plate back to me so she is driving around in an 11-year old car with "Flash97" on the back which is hilarious to me. I'll be sure to uphold your moniker. I was shocked to see two grey HCH-II cars this morning (near Pittsburgh -- rare around here) but both of them passed me so I'm definitely not blazing around. Heh. Cheers.

Old 02-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Before they fixed my windows going off track problem, my windows lock was locking *ALL* windows, including the driver side. Kinda silly.

They corrected this error when I send my car in for the 2nd service (same service where they fixed the track problem.).

Now it only locks the 3 pessangers' windows.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think I found a new one.

The DRLs turn off when the parking brake is engaged (or at least on when the brake is released).

Weird, but smart!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:59 PM

Mercedes-Benz Windows Lock out feature disabled all window switches in the car but leaves the driver side switches enable to roll down or roll up other windows. I miss this feature......

Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 AM

Yeah, I don't know why you'd want to lock your own window. Arb! We agree on something!

Back on topic:

I tested it a little more and it appears only to work if you turn the car on with the parking brake engaged. At this point the DRLs are off. They illuminate when you release the parking brake. Applying the brake again does not shut them off. You must turn the car off again.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:47 AM

NoFlash,

Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 AM

Here's one that took me a while to notice. On the drivers window controller only, there are actually four functions. if you press it down lightly and hold, the window will go down until you release. If you press it down all the way (and hold or release), the window will go down automatically all the way. Same with pulling it up.
I guess this is a pretty common feature in cars w/ automatic windows, but my old ford didn't do that.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:39 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noflash
I tested it a little more and it appears only to work if you turn the car on with the parking brake engaged. At this point the DRLs are off. They illuminate when you release the parking brake. Applying the brake again does not shut them off. You must turn the car off again.
It's nice to know this works in the HCH for the DRLs. On our 99 Chevy Venture, the headlights (no DRLs on the Venture) would come on automatically when you start the car. If you ever needed the lights off at night (say for christmas display touring), you had to turn off the car, click the parking brake down one click (so it wasn't dragging your brakes), then start the car. To turn the headlights back on you could use the headlight switch, or unclick the parking brake.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoebox303
If you honk the horn three times followed by a quick tap of the a/c button and then hold down the radio power button for 10 seconds, it activates the passenger ejection seat.

Seriously.
darnn..theres goes my wife ...time to find a new one ...

Old 11-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
My Tribute is like that, too. As long as you roll them up (or down) BEFORE a door is opened. It lasts for 5 or 10 minutes. Sunroof, too.
GM has done that for years - it's standard. You can open/close the windows on my '99 Z28 all day long, until you open the door.

Quick Reply: HCH-II Hidden Features

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands