HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Originally Posted by helicraz
(the milage auto reset to 0 after reaching 9999, but the FE didn't not.)
Well, it's too late for me, since I hit my reset button long ago... but I found that it doesn't really matter since I keep the records up-to-date here at GH. I now use my "spare" trip meter for short segments... pretty handy for that!

Old 01-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Well, it's too late for me, since I hit my reset button long ago... but I found that it doesn't really matter since I keep the records up-to-date here at GH. I now use my "spare" trip meter for short segments... pretty handy for that!
I am using "Trip B" to record the FE between each service, instead of each short segments...so, I will be reseting it once my car get service.. (every 10k)

Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 AM

I think these are new.

The window lock button not only locks the rear, but front passenger widow as well.

The thermometer starts at 23 degrees -- at least in cold weather.

The seatbelt chime does not chime in reverse.

I had autostop occur in 21 degrees -- engine warmed up.

I thought I had another.... forgot.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 AM

Lift the wiper arm and release and the wipers wipe once. Handy in light rain!

Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The window lock button not only locks the rear, but front passenger widow as well.

The thermometer starts at 23 degrees -- at least in cold weather.

I had autostop occur in 21 degrees -- engine warmed up.

Lift the wiper arm and release and the wipers wipe once. Handy in light rain!
The Window lock is not a hidden feature -- it is supposed to do that (or at least it has done that on every Honda/Acura I had been in). I noticed the Seatbelt chime as well but was wondering if it chimed at higher speeds - anyone try backing up at 30 mph?

Also, AutoStop occurs in any weather for me so far. It was -4 F at the house and the car read 7 F when I left for work and got AutoStop to occur. It isn't a weather issue but how warm the IMA batteries are and the coolant in the engine. My thermostat always starts at ---F for a second or two and then it records a near-accurate reading (this morning it read 10 F until I drove a block and then it read 8 F).

The wiper arm is not a feature also but on purpose - you move the arm up to wipe the windshield as long as you hold the wiper arm up. Again, most cars have this anymore or at least the Honda/Acura cars I've been in over the last decade.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 PM

My previous window lock buttons have always only worked on the rear windows.

And the thermo-thing is right either. This morning it started at 18 degrees. I just had a couple 23s in a row. Still, the temp is optimistic. It takes a while to find the true temp.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:55 PM

Huh - I've never had a car with a window lock button that did NOT lock the front passenger window (it always locks all windows except the driver's). If you had a car like that then it was a defect (or maybe a Canuck model or Euro or JCM-spec).

And *any* car takes a few seconds/miles to get the correct temp and I though this was in the Manual (or at least a previous manual). It just takes some time for it to get an accurate reading of the conditions (same as if the car sits on hot pavement all day and your car says it is 118 F but it is only 92 F outside).

Old 02-09-2007, 07:41 AM

You really are my antithesis, aren't you?

Old 02-10-2007, 10:45 AM

In every chance I can. <smirk> I'm actually thinking of getting your name as my vanity plate on the car. Here is PA we only get 7 characters and I've had "FLASH 97" and "FLASH BY" on the previous two cars so I'm thinkin' "NO FLASH" now but don't know if the DMV will approve it. Heh. That would be fun though.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:46 AM

I've been noflash quite a while on several fourms, don't get me in trouble with your crazy diving!!

Quick Reply: HCH-II Hidden Features

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands