HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 07:13 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: Here are some more HCH-II Hidden Features

Originally Posted by kristian
Any idea what it would take to install heated seats?
Good question. To figure this out, the wiring schematics and the IPB for the US and ROW cars is necessary.

Once one has the parts list, and schematic figured out, then it is just a matter of finding a source to order the parts and installing them.

The off the top of my head parts list would include:

Upper and lower seat heater elements
Switch gear and bezel (in European cars the switches are in the little bin below the CVT shift lever in the center console)
Relays
Sub-harness wiring.

This one is definitely at the top end of difficulty as a DIY.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

I've installed them. Try a search to read about it.

Also, I've found a new hidden feature!! The front cupholder drains in the second one! I know, life-altering.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Others probably knew this, but I just stumbled across it today: when the Navi is routing you to a destination, each time you press the Map button, it cycles to a different view of the route. For example, one screen will force the graphical preview of the next turn or highway choice, even though it may be a long distance away. Another press will give you the turn-by-turn list of roads with distances on each - including an updating distance count down to the next turn (a feature I dearly loved with my TomTom). One of the screens even shows you a progress bar of how far between the start and finish you have progressed.

Try it out. It's cool.

-dan

Old 12-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Here are some more HCH-II Hidden Features

Originally Posted by Orient Express
Good question. To figure this out, the wiring schematics and the IPB for the US and ROW cars is necessary.

Once one has the parts list, and schematic figured out, then it is just a matter of finding a source to order the parts and installing them.

The off the top of my head parts list would include:

Upper and lower seat heater elements
Switch gear and bezel (in European cars the switches are in the little bin below the CVT shift lever in the center console)
Relays
Sub-harness wiring.

This one is definitely at the top end of difficulty as a DIY.
There are two airbag sensors in the passenger seat that the heating elements should NOT cover - FYI.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
HOV lane commuter

Here's a feature not mentioned (though maybe it's because I don't have a NAVI so I've noticed this):

- The radio remembers the volume settings of the AUX input when you switch from the AM/FM to AUX. Kind of nice, since my XM SkyFi is a little quieter than the radio.

Something funny: I didn't realize that the drink holders had a sliding cover on it 'til I'd after about a week of driving the car!

Old 12-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone have the 2 rear beverage holders for the doors? I pulled up a manual for a 2006 Civic beverage holder that fits into the back doors to secure cups. I don't know if this is available in the hybrid. Did anyone get these?

Old 12-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Perhaps these are in the non-US version such as how they have the rear armrest that folds down from the middle seat and leather option, etc.

As a new Hidden feature I have found (not really a feature but not documented in the manuals):
  • The seat belt reminder does not ding when you are in Reverse and unsnap a seat belt
  • If the dash lights are on full dim and you shift out of Park the dash lights come up to full brightness

Old 12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by Missileman
Does anyone have the 2 rear beverage holders for the doors? I pulled up a manual for a 2006 Civic beverage holder that fits into the back doors to secure cups. I don't know if this is available in the hybrid. Did anyone get these?
Those are available as options offered by dealers. You can also locate them online at sites that sell Honda original parts.

I did not get these because the cup holders are not adjustable to different cup sizes. And also since they seem to rest against the rear part of the door pocket, a sudden stop could catapult the drink forward which is a no-no for me.

I settled for a center mounted console with two ajustable cup holders (aftermarket setup). It can store many other items and the console is securily strapped down with the center seatbelt.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Originally Posted by msantos
I settled for a center mounted console with two ajustable cup holders (aftermarket setup). It can store many other items and the console is securily strapped down with the center seatbelt.
Do you have any pics and product name and model #? Sounds interesting.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

I didn't seem to hit the 10k problem on the FE meter... I have yet reseted my "Trip B" since day 1, and the FE displayed on trip B after 10k seem to carry on correctly, although the distance is showing 1k+ now. (the milage auto reset to 0 after reaching 9999, but the FE didn't not.)

Quick Reply: HCH-II Hidden Features

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands