HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HCH-II Hidden Features

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Something I have only seen in this car but, its also the first were I have a digital display. The speedometer works while driving backwards.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Hypermiler wanna Be

Originally Posted by lkewin
I have heard this and agree the compressor runs when defrost is on, but my 06 DOES Auto-Stop when the AC and/or Defrost is on. Anyone elses' or am I Special
My '06 CHCII will go into Auto Stop some times when the AC is on. Not all the time (and I can't figure out what triggers it).

When I use the dedicated defrost, it seldoms (if ever) goes into Auto Stop. I assume this is by design and a safety feature.

What bugs me is that when I change the air to blow on the front window using the MODE button, I lose Autostop. Even if I just want to keep a little air moving across the windshield, I lose the AutoStop. Seems like they could have programmed this differently.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Hypermiler wanna Be

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
Thanks guys for pointing out the auto locking and unlocking feature. Now only if they would have given us an option to program the auto unlocking feature unlock all the doors! Some of us do not live in very dangerous areas. This seems like another feature not provided due to fear of lawsuits.
I agree...I programmed the locks to lock at 7 mph, and unlock when in Park. But I inevitably forget the back doors did not unlock, so I have to fish the key back out of my pocket and unlock the door to retrieve stuff from the back seat.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Greg
My '06 CHCII will go into Auto Stop some times when the AC is on. Not all the time (and I can't figure out what triggers it).
Mine seems to have at least a bit of a pattern... it seems to be dependent upon A/C load. When in "auto" and the temperature difference is high (and the fan speed is high), it won't autostop. I believe this is happening when the A/C compressor is being driven by the ICE via the belt.

When the A/C load is reduced (cabin temp is close to what the display setting is... and the fan speed has come way down), then the autostop functions. I believe this happens when the A/C compressor is being driven by it's separate "hybrid" electric motor (not the IMA!).

Autostop should also be impacted by low battery SOC. As I recall, when I'm at 4 bars of SOC, it won't autostop with A/C on.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:03 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

discovered the seat belt height-adjustment last night.

Old 12-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: HCH-II Hidden Features

Originally Posted by shoebox303
If you honk the horn three times followed by a quick tap of the a/c button and then hold down the radio power button for 10 seconds, it activates the passenger ejection seat.

Seriously.
That's pretty cool, what could be helpful about it is if (from NAVI) you could designate a place for the passenger seat to go to. You could then eject the person as you drive by the destination and not have to stop or pull into a parking lot!! No one knows about or uses the ejection feature because it does not allow you to do this.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Here are some more HCH-II Hidden Features

1. To start the car, you don't have to hold the key in the start position, just flick it there once, and the car will power-up from there.

2. If you have a car with Navigation, hold down the Map-Menu-Cancel buttons for 3 seconds to bring up the hidden radio menu. These menus include some great navigation menus that will allow you to check the calibration of the main speedometer with the GPS. There is also a cool screen that provides your speed in .1 increments, your altitude, direction, accent and decent delta, plus a listing of current navigation way points.

3. All cars regardless of market are partially wired for front and rear fog lamps, and heated seats.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Here are some more HCH-II Hidden Features

Originally Posted by Orient Express

2. If you have a car with Navigation, hold down the Map-Menu-Cancel buttons for 3 seconds to bring up the hidden radio menu. These menus include some great navigation menus that will allow you to check the calibration of the main speedometer with the GPS. There is also a cool screen that provides your speed in .1 increments, your altitude, direction, accent and decent delta, plus a listing of current navigation way points.

Cool feature. What do all of the options do? I didn't want to adjust the yaw or anything. Sounds like something on a jet.LOL

Old 12-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

Try it and see. Most are just real-time data readouts, but there is some calibration stuff as well.

There is also neat stuff like speed in 10/s of a mile. exact location in x, y, and z. direction, rate of yaw, rate of accent and decent. There is also a way to write log data out to the compact flash card slot.

The menus are all very understandable, go and look. The worst that you could probably do to the car is get the muffler bearing yaw synchronization with the IMA out of wack. and if so there is a panic reset to defaults settings.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orient Express

3. All cars regardless of market are partially wired for front and rear fog lamps, and heated seats.
Any idea what it would take to install heated seats? I have them on my Outback and miss them in the HCH...

Quick Reply: HCH-II Hidden Features

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands