HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:07 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Window Problems?

Doppler (and others)

Does the window problem occur when driving: i.e. is it a pressure problem when the window is partly open at speed. Or does it happen when stationary?
I have given my frames the merest hint of silicone with an impregnated cloth and hope in that way to avoid the problem.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Whoa! You guys need to find better dealerships. When they replace the gague cluster for the mpg error fix they are settable to the previous mileage. I specifically asked about this and was told they'd get one pre-programmed to a close mileage to what I had, but when I took it in they showed me the whole document for the recall and it showed how they get to one time put in the previous odometer reading in to the new cluster. Mine was the first one they'd done so the head service tech did it, so I guess I lucked out there.

Long story short when I got the car back it had exactly the same odometer reading in it when I dropped it off, just in the new cluster. This was important to me, and I was not going to drive off the lot if the odometer wasn't withing maybe 3 miles of what I left it at. When they tell you they have to start from 0 again this permanently is a black mark on your car because it effectively makes it a Box B "estimeated true miles" titled car, or could be even worse being "true miles unknown" which is very very bad for resale purposes. It's almost as bad as having a salvaged title. I would seriously protest your dealership and Honda's main customer support number to get that fixed properly!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast

Looks as if the 06 Civics may have a design flaw -- my Civic started having the window problem too (4000 mi). I noticed a couple weeks ago that when shutting the driver's door window with the "auto-up" button, the window would get almost all the way to the top and the suddenly reverse and go back down. But yesterday I noticed that the rubber track was pinched which was causing the window to jump out of the track. I was able to bend the rubber enough to get the window back in place. I am hoping that some silicon lube will keep in there.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Window Problems?

Tulip: The window jumps the track as it nears the top when closing. Lubing the track as a precaution sounds like a fine idea.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Okay... I've seen several posts from folks saying they've lubed the channel. What, exactly are you lubing... and what lubricant are you using? Here's an illustration of the parts which make up the HCHII front window. Are you putting grease on the rubber? Seems that would be a big mess and could deteriorate the rubber. If you're lubing the window regulator, that means you're taking the door trim panel off? Please help me to understand what you're doing! Thanks.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got the window problem too.. started yesterday, but it didn't happen today.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Proud owner HCHII

Anahymbrid 'et al'

Don't know if it helps but I ran a cloth impregnated with a silicone polish very lightly round the channels marked 4-7 on your llustration on all my windows to help ease the ride of the glass upwards .

Of course they will not get this problem in Australia where, being in the southern hemisphere, gravity pulls the other way!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Has anyone broken off the DVD Navigation door yet? It's not too hard to accomplish (I did this last night). Does anyone know where I can buy just the plastic flip-down door? As it turns out - this door is not required for the proper functioning of the system but probably keeps out a miniscule amount of dust.

On a positive note - I manage to have my startup screen image modified so it no longer displays the standard "Honda Navigation" image. Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

06 civic hybrid, purchased 10/05 made 09/05. One of the first ones made.

so far 21,000 miles. Lifetime MPG documented by math not by computer, 52.5.

computer mpg is off about 1.5 mpg in the negative. if it reads 51 mpg when

you fill it actual will be about 52.5 to 53 MPG.

had the 62 mile bug fixed. drivers side window fixed; it kept coming out

of track on top. fuel cap light. so far no problems after dealer checked it.

other than that great car. Road trip last month to Reno from Seaside Oregon

netted 53.8mpg. car weight loaded with two and gear, 3,465 lbs.

how can you beat that?

alst

Old 08-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flash
I manage to have my startup screen image modified so it no longer displays the standard "Honda Navigation" image. Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!
Flash, which method did you use for the screen modifications? Is that the one where you burn a CD with a copy of certain files and then load it into the DVD? I have a copy of some instructions and a utility program which converts the graphic file to the format and size needed... but I've never tried using it. Any problems with the installation on it?

Quick Reply: Has anything broken on your HCH II?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands