HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Extended Warranty worth it? Anyone else purchase it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty worth it? Anyone else purchase it?

Not really.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rysa4
I agree that buying an EW makes sense for this car. If bought online its not hugely expensive and it adds resale value if you sell the car privately toa third party...which I will likely do. The car is no longer solely assembled in Japan so that logic no longer applies.

The new software is untested in real terms for longevity. Car mechanics and software problems become both frustrating and expensive.

The EW makes sense.
yes really.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by noflash
Not really.
Funny.

I'm expecting Flash any minute now to say "Yes, really."

Old 03-15-2007, 01:41 AM
Enthusiast

I came close to signing up for either the 7 or 8 yr. warranty when I bought a few days ago, but decided against it. My main reason: based on 20+ years of previous experience with Hondas (yes, even though this is a new technology here), my gut tells me that I'm far more likely to see problems in the 8-15 year range than in the 3-8 year range (or 5-8 year range for powertrain). I don't mind gambling that I'm likely to have less than $1000 worth of out-of-warranty repairs in the first 7/8 years.

If over the next year I start hearing reports of early reliability problems I can still buy into it.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Great Mileage and Green

Yes, I did purchase it, 6 year, 120,000 mile extended warranty, with the option that if I never need it, I get the monies paid in back in full. If I do need it, I will be quite glad I have it, and if not, I'll get back the funds in April 2013.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:55 AM
www.disczones.com

Does anyone know if the extended warranty covers rock chips in the windshield? I've got a couple already... poor quality glass perhaps? or just unlucky?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by marblekit
Does anyone know if the extended warranty covers rock chips in the windshield? I've got a couple already... poor quality glass perhaps? or just unlucky?
I doubt it will cover damages due to wear such as stone chips.

All my Honda's have had exceptionally strong windshields and I would say that they are stronger than the replacements many insurance companies are willing to pay for. In fact, I've had a couple of insurance payed replacements and they ended up cracking after a single stone chip hit. The original Honda windshields are typically produced with more layers for added strength and that means you need a good set of hits before it develops a crack due to simple body flex stress.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 03-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marblekit
Yea, and I'd like to know if the warranty covers door dings too

Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think you made a good decision to get the EW. I paid $825 for mine and it was a 6/120k $0ded. I think a lot depends on how many miles you put on a car as well. I have had mine for about 14months now and have over 30k miles on it already.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeyt758
I think you made a good decision to get the EW. I paid $825 for mine and it was a 6/120k $0ded. I think a lot depends on how many miles you put on a car as well. I have had mine for about 14months now and have over 30k miles on it already.
I am in the same boat as you. I drive about 30K per year and was really thinking about purchasing an EW. Did you buy yours from Saccucci Honda? If so, did you receive you EW info in the mail and how long did it take?

Last edited by kenkobra; 05-14-2007 at 10:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty worth it? Anyone else purchase it?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands