HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Charging system help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Charging system help!

Originally Posted by S Keith
Again, if you go to your vehicle, turn the key to the ON position without starting, ALL the dash lights will light up. If the IMA light does not illuminate, it is removed or burned out.

When you clear the codes as you describe with the 12V battery reset, you may get limited IMA function.
  1. Do the assist and charge bars work ALL the time?
  2. Does the car start smoothly/instantly with the IMA battery, or does it crank like a regular car?
  3. Does the autostop work?
Stop disconnecting the 12V when the CEL illuminates. Next time it happens, take it to O'Reilly Auto Parts (not Autozone) and have them check the codes for free.

P0A7F had NOTHING to do with your DC-DC converter. P0A7F is for a failed hybrid battery. The behavior you describe confirms your DC-DC is functioning as designed when the IMA battery has failed.
Thank you!
1.They work:the white bars and the green bars. They work all the time.
2. The car starts normally without cranking. It only cranks in the morning. I guess cranking means that start sound of the kick starter, anyway.
3.the autostop works fine.

But when the ignition is in on, the IMA light does not show.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Charging system help!

12V cranking in the morning means 1) battery is imbalanced and discharged or 2) it's colder than a witch's teet.

1 & 3 work even when the CEL is on?

IMA light is removed or burned out. Given that it's a recent purchase, and my disdain for most used auto sellers, I suspect the prior owner removed it to facilitate the sale, and they would unplug the 12V prior to every test drive to minimize the chances of a CEL returning.