HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Buyers, Rank the 06 colors by demand

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Buyers, Rank the 06 colors by demand

I've read in some threads that dealer was charging more for the blue than the silver.
I don't intend for this thread to be about how wrong that is.

I am about to buy and am wondering what to expect.
Knowledge is power.
I am curious which colors are in more or less demand.
(In other words which you can get cheaper)

There are 5 colors.
Please rate them with highest demand first.
Here is the list, in no particular order:

Taffeta White
Magnetic Pearl
Alabaster Sliver Metalic
Opal Sliver Blue Metalic
Galaxy Gray Metalic

If you don't have opinions or experience on all 5 at least say which you feel is most or least in demand.
(Not necessarily what YOU like or dislike.)

Last edited by kenny; 12-21-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Buyers, Rank the 06 colors by demand

i got this info from my dealer, mike harvey honda in burlingame, ca

1) magnetic pearl
2) galaxy gray
3) opal silver blue metallic
4) alabaster silver
5) taffeta white

white and silver are really really down there - so far my dealer has not sold one hch-II in white or silver.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:42 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Buyers, Rank the 06 colors by demand

Originally Posted by kenny
I've read in some threads that dealer was charging more for the blue than the silver.

Knowledge is power.

There are 5 colors.

Taffeta White
Magnetic Pearl
Alabaster Sliver Metalic
Opal Sliver Blue Metalic
Galaxy Gray Metalic

If you don't have opinions or experience on all 5 at least say which you feel is most or least in demand.
Opal Silver Blue Metallic.............More-Of-These; then the ones below less of them
Galaxy Gray Metallic...................Next
Magnetic Pearl...........................Next
Alabaster Silver Metallic.............Next
Taffet White...............................Next

From the List above I think the more that there are the (Cheaper) but I have to also say that it is I (Really-Think) as Far as Price goes is going to come down to the Dealer and what will they do, (Regardless-Of-Color). I have read on this Site all kinds of different Prices from the different Dealers and I would have to say (IMO) that Color really (Honestly) has little to No-Effect on Dealer Pricing. Meaning it's more just the Luck of being able to find a Dealer that is willing to sell you a Hybrid at a (Reasonable Price) without Knocking your Head-Off.

If you have read many of the different Threads here you would soon find out that the Members that have already taken Delivery have Bounced all over the place on what they Purchased the cars for. The ones of us that have the HCH ll on order and taking delivery after the 1st of Jan. are also paying all different Prices for the car.

I think it more comes down to where you live in this country and as an example of that, California Dealers appear for the most part to get a Premium for the Hybrid because of the Much-Greater-Demand there than in some other states. Not to (Beat) this poor Dead-Horse to death but I do-not think color has really any bearing on price, it is more to do with Location and then the Dealer you end up with and how much Profit They will except on the Hybrid.

HTH;

Terry

BTW: This may be way more information and opinion than you ask for, Sorry

Old 12-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Knowledge is power.

There are 5 colors.

Taffeta White
Magnetic Pearl
Alabaster Sliver Metalic
Opal Sliver Blue Metalic
Galaxy Gray Metalic

I have no idea what dealers are seeing. I'll give you a mix of personal opinion/taste and some info about what I've seen/heard.

White is probably the least popular color with consumers. You see a lot of white vehicles with rental companies. When I bought my Mitsubishi in 1994, white was one of the last left on the lot, and came with the best deal. When I got the Toyota RAV4-EV in 2003, white was available and silver was a lot scarcer (those were the only two colors).

Silver used to be the most fashionable, classiest color out there. Then so many silver cars showed up on the market that people got tired of them and they fell out of fashion. I still view it as a safe conservative choice.

The Opal is probably marketing's idea of the favorite color of environmentally conscious people. It evokes blue skies and clean water. There is a Prius in exactly the same color. I think I would tire of it every quickly (I'm already tired of it ).

Honda made perhaps the most boring color choices possible for the HCH. They are all variations on the scale from white through gray/silver to almost black. No green, no blue, no red. Boring! It's hard to tell with such humdrum colors which will be most popular, or shall we say least unpopular.

Last edited by ElanC; 12-18-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:01 PM

BTW I beilieve Honda intentionally gave us bland colors for the 06 introduction.

I'd bet that rolling out nicer colors is part of their plan to generate some fresh excitement for 07, 08, 09, and 10.

They know what they're doing with their product cycles.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:06 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: Buyers, Rank the 06 colors by demand

BTW I beilieve Honda intentionally gave us bland colors for the 06 introduction.

I'd bet that rolling out nicer colors is part of their plan to generate some fresh excitement for 07, 08, 09, and 10.

Yeah; I wonder what the HCH ll would have looked like in the (BRIGHT-RED) that was on the 2-door Civic Coupe in 2005?

Terry

Old 12-18-2005, 10:12 PM

When driving around the industrial areas of San Diego one night (something I like doing when bored), I saw three trucks loaded with Civic Hybrids by the shipping yard. Silver and/or Opal Blue (they look identical at night) were by far the most common; there were a few white, and two magnetics. I didn't see any galaxy grays, unless one "magnetic" was actually galaxy. Lighting was bad. Here's a [bad] picture:

Old 12-18-2005, 10:13 PM

Except that the colors for the 2005 HCH were exactly as bad, and that was that car's third year.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:27 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

Elan,
Just from viewing quite a few threads, I would say the Opal Blue has been ordered and delivered the most.
Don

Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 AM

The opal blue is by far my favorite.
But I just can't stomach the Ivory interior.
After a few years they look badly stained.

Good point about the 05 colors though.
Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Quick Reply: Buyers, Rank the 06 colors by demand

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands