HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Bablateration

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bablateration

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
You usually need to ask around and actually go inside the station. It'll be a completely separate pump, usually along the side or back, rather like kerosene pumps used to be. You can also check out any local racing enthusiast boards, they'll know which places stock it, and often at what prices.
Thanks for the heads up. I will keep that in mind. Doubt I will use it though. I think 93 is good enough and probably is enough overkill as well.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Kinda interesting; somewhat related to this thread....

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?cha...5F3705197C1D4F

Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

In the right engine 93 works, but you are losing performance in an engine such as the HCH II. Where it was designed around 87. If you were to increase the octane level, you will eventually get to a point where the car won't start.

There is a point where the car burns fuel at an optimal level anything below (less octane) or above (more octane) does nothing but take away from maximum efficiency and performance. The problem is that 87 and 93 are fairly close, hence why I would like for 107 or 114 (with additives this can be done). To make the point more obvious.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands