HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Any new info on paint/spoiler issue?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Enthusiast
Default Any new info on paint/spoiler issue?

I'm bringing my car in for service tomorrow. Any infomation on the paint/spoiler problem would be appreciated - fixes that didn't work, ect... Thank you!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Any new info on paint/spoiler issue?

I've just had the second refinishing of the spoiler paint. The first time a new spoiler was attached. This time the paint problem was larger than the first, probably due to not being baked on, and the damage was further from the spoiler. I'm not sure any fix has been accomplished.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had the spacer material installed under mine. They removed the spoiler, buffed out the paint, installed the spacer, then reinstalled the spoiler. It looks new, except there is a very small space now between the trunk and the spoiler. This was the recommended fix from Honda after the regional manager talked to "the factory". It still looks good after a few months.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you so much everyone!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast

Well - they could see the problem outside, but not when they brought it into the garage. The regional rep is coming on the 24th so they will check it out then. I showed them this site and they said, "that's not a Honda site" and walked away.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toast64
I had the spacer material installed under mine. They removed the spoiler, buffed out the paint, installed the spacer, then reinstalled the spoiler. It looks new, except there is a very small space now between the trunk and the spoiler. This was the recommended fix from Honda after the regional manager talked to "the factory". It still looks good after a few months.
Can you post a pic of the "space" please?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I meet with my Zone Rep this friday. My service director took the supporting info I had printed for reference. For all I know he File 13'd them after I left but he came across interested and earnestly willing to help. As a customer that really goes a long way.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Cool Scuddy. I'm interested to hear what the rep says.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

The rep looked at it & said to repaint it and attach the spoiler on better. He threw out that clear tape they use instead of leather bras. I mentioned that that has been tried before and didn't work.
So, monday I'll drop it off & later that week I'll pick it up. I did try to ask why the spoilers on regular civics are attached differently but they had already moved on mentally.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dropped Little Putput off and am in a rental. What a great confirmation that I got the right car! I'm in a PT Cruiser and ......it's not a Honda. I'm hoping that I get a call today to get the car back.

Got the call & have my ride back. YEA!!!! However, I think the wearing will still be an issue at least on the passenger side. The spoiler as a whole does not move but the right side may be loose enough to wiggle. Of course I'll get the camera & get progression pics to add to the ones I've already got.

Last edited by Scuddy; 10-24-2007 at 08:59 AM.