HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT Clicking Noise

I have a noise coming from the CVT the second I shift it into Drive. It's an obvious clicking noise and as the car speeds up, the clicking gets faster and eventually blends in. As soon as the car is in put into Park or Neutral the noise goes away.

One blog pin-pointed it to a bad bearing deep inside the CVT located under the forward clutch... the retainer came apart. Unfortunately for me he's not in my area, so I can't ask him to work on mine.

I checked with the dealer and I have too many miles (~145k) for it to be a warranty job and they don't do break-downs; they only replace CVT's. The cost of replacing a CVT (parts/labor) is towards $4+k.

I wanted to see if anyone out there has any recommendations on a transmission shop that has rebuilt CVT's or is willing to break mine down and replace the bearing. I'm located in the Bay Area.

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid CVT Clicking Noise

Originally Posted by seasonedtech
I wanted to see if anyone out there has any recommendations on a transmission shop that has rebuilt CVT's or is willing to break mine down and replace the bearing. I'm located in the Bay Area.
Thanks!
I know nothing about their work other than they have some interesting step by step procedures on their web site. That being said you may want to try Art's Automotive, http://www.artsautomotive.com/