HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

OK, this is real, my car isn't turning over, display is not there either

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: OK, this is real, my car isn't turning over, display is not there either

OK. I think I figured it out. The electrical system makes sure the key is the real key before you turn the car on. If you turn to position 3 right after you put then key in that may not be enough time for the car to recognize the key. Is anyone following this or reading this thread anymore? When I give the car time to respond to the key, it starts fine everytime. When I just put it in and turn, it doesn't come on sometimes. I think you're supposed to wait for that green key at the bottom of the display to flash three times before you turn the car on.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: OK, this is real, my car isn't turning over, display is not there either

Regarding the electrical system recognizing the key - whenever I start my car, I just stick the key in and turn right away. It's never acted up on me. Maybe dirty contact surfaces in your case?....or something else.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:12 PM

I thought that to be the case. It seemed to me, that most people would just do that too. I wait in position 2 before turning the car on, but there is nothing in the manual that says you have to do that. I'll tell honda about this too.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 PM

Yeah. It definatly isn't functioning like it should. Hopefuly honda will agree.

Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 PM

My battery was dead and Honda wanted $150 to put in a new one. I did that myself. As for the bucking, it was the all too famous EGR valve. This little guy cost me $260 with parts and labor. Not a ton, but it's hard to swallow 5 months out of warranty. I know this is a common repair on the hybrids. Thanks for all your help and I'll post my receipt. On a side note, when I disconnected the battery to put in the new one my radio will not work due to hondas ways. I have no idea what my code is to reset the radio, I hope honda will have it ready for me tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

My radio code was on a business card included with the owner's manual.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

My radio code is in the glove box on a little white sticker. Yours may be too.

Rich

Old 07-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by bigbearballs
On a side note, when I disconnected the battery to put in the new one my radio will not work due to hondas ways. I have no idea what my code is to reset the radio, I hope honda will have it ready for me tomorrow.

Hmmm... I'm not at the computer that has my hondalink login on it, but I seem to remember seeing my radio code on there in the "info" section on the car. Once you go there and set up a hondalink account and add your VIN, then the website keeps all the pertinent information on your car. (My Accord Hybrid is financed through Honda Finance, too, so I can log in there and do a 2-click car payment online and save a stamp.)