Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Keep in mind that the stopping distances with the parking brake only are very long. You can also get rear wheel lockup if you apply it too heavily.

Michael

Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabili

Thanks Michae

Old 08-19-2009, 01:06 PM
add
Enthusiast

same problem with my 09 tahoe. reduced engine power plus an assortment of other checks... service hybrid, check brakes, check power steering, check 4-wheel drive. left me sitting in the middle of the desert 102 degrees. it would not start. towed it to a dealer and left it for 2 days. they came back to me and said their was a "service bulletin" on the wiring harness under the hood. the wires had rubbed through causing a short. go figure with 8k miles. hope they got it right???

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 AM

add,

Do you have the manufacturing date of your vehicle ?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM
add
Enthusiast

11/08

Old 08-21-2009, 12:57 AM

Thanks add,
just wondering when did they fix that issue in their new prodcution.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

Have been reading postings, and would like to know if anyone has crashed due to brake failure. I was just pulling into a parking place at the County Courthouse in Gillette WY yesterday and crashed into a block wall. I had braked to drive in to the space and the pedal went all the way to the floor. Imagine my shock!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bjlaw1942
Have been reading postings, and would like to know if anyone has crashed due to brake failure. I was just pulling into a parking place at the County Courthouse in Gillette WY yesterday and crashed into a block wall. I had braked to drive in to the space and the pedal went all the way to the floor. Imagine my shock!!!
Is there a link to a news story? I see that a black Benman arrow was found in a lawn chair on Cascade Drive on September 3rd. Crashing into the County Courthouse must be newsworthy in your neck of the woods.

Last edited by Jake2022; 09-04-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast

Jake 2022, are you a jerk or something? I could have killed someone. The
Tahoe jumped a curb and hit the block wall. I don't know what a benman arrow is, but I know I don't appreciate your effort at humor if that's what you attempted. The accident was shocking and very freightening, and could have been very tragic.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Enthusiast

Again, I ask you... please provide a reference to your accident.

Here is a link to the Gillette News-Record... in Gillette, Wyoming. In it you will see the story about the arrow. (and a 2 and 5 year old who started the ignition in their mother's car) Surely there must be a mention of someone ramming their car into the courthouse.

http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com/

My apologies if I'm questioning a first time poster that is making claims that cannot be verified. I guess I'm a jerk for not believing any and everything that is written on the internet.

Quick Reply: Tahoe/Yukon Hybrid Problems: Brake Loss, Service Traction Control,Service Stabilitrak

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands