stock cadillac hybrid gets 25.3mpg highway

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Administrator
Default stock cadillac hybrid gets 25.3mpg highway

that's right folks! I'm in vegas right now and while what's in vegas stays in vegas, the mileage I got when I drove to vegas, through hoover dam got me average 25.3mpg and while in the city, I average 24.4 mpg. full A/C front and back because of the kids, dvd on, and fully loaded with luggage. The reason I got this was, I tried the chevron premium, and also my driving style was keeping the eco meter in the middle green even when accelerating.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: stock cadillac hybrid gets 25.3mpg highway

thats imprssive thanks for sharing.
I wish I can bring my 2010 tahoe above 18 MPG in the city

Old 06-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Middle of the green and best fuel is the answer.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Administrator

I guess the hybrid is pretty intense in getting you better mileage. on the way back from las vegas, we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours because of a serious accident in henderson and with the ambient temp at 105F the hybrid was really boiling. at first it started to creep from 205F then the next thing I noticed is it was 230F. at this time the engine kick in and lowered the temp back to 205F then auto stop turned the engine off until it went back to 230F. the electric A/C was effective in delivering a cooled interior despite the heat with both front and back A/C working fulltime. after all this, delivered a topnotch 19mpg. awesome truck!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 AM

Jeremy,
Thanks for your update,
So the traffic jam plus heat and AC was behind the drop from 24.4 MPG to 19 MPG?
I have also noticed that with my 2010 Tahoe, when AC is on in very hot weather 30C +, and you are driving in slow traffic, the battery gets drained quickly, and the engine keeps on kicking in even few mins. this affects my MPG too.
Although my understanding is that Hybrids where designed to save gas in slow city driving with traffic, and short distances, which is not the case with my 2mode Tahoe, I get the best mileage on highway driving (20-22 MPG), in City alone it drops to 14-15 MPG.
I average on each Tankfull 17-18 MPG with combination of city and highway driving.
Keep in mind I live in a hilly city where engine power is needed most of the time.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Guss
Jeremy,
Thanks for your update,
So the traffic jam plus heat and AC was behind the drop from 24.4 MPG to 19 MPG?
I have also noticed that with my 2010 Tahoe, when AC is on in very hot weather 30C +, and you are driving in slow traffic, the battery gets drained quickly, and the engine keeps on kicking in even few mins. this affects my MPG too.
Although my understanding is that Hybrids where designed to save gas in slow city driving with traffic, and short distances, which is not the case with my 2mode Tahoe, I get the best mileage on highway driving (20-22 MPG), in City alone it drops to 14-15 MPG.
I average on each Tankfull 17-18 MPG with combination of city and highway driving.
Keep in mind I live in a hilly city where engine power is needed most of the time.
the road was closed for hours, so, no miles for the time you are idling. then yeah, that was it. if the traffic was moving then it definitely would be much better than the 19mpg I got. it annoys people but if you are not in a hurried pace, trying to keep the needle in the middle will get better mileage. although I get surprised that despite driving so briskly, my mileage gets better.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:11 AM

I agree Jeremy,
But it is not much about keeping needle in the middle as much as watching the Inst consumption and trying to stay in V4 mode, or autostop.
I drive very carefully, and unfortunately still cannot get above the above mentioned numbers in the City driving