Whoo Hoo! 37.3mpg

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Whoo Hoo! 37.3mpg

My tank mileage for my latest tank? 37.3mpg! Gotta love it!

This is for my 8th tank of gas and I was at 2,788 miles on the
odometer at fill-up time, so I'm not even officially 'graduated' at
3,000+ miles yet!

- Shannon
'06 FEH w/Nav, FWD

Old 05-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Whoo Hoo! 37.3mpg

That's fantastic, sounds like you're quickly on your way to being a top hypermiler!

Old 05-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast

That's great news. I am getting 36.3 MPG on my '06 FHE now and I have 1,400 miles on the odometer. I consistently fill the tank at 13.5 gallons and my trip goes all the way to 490 before the next fill up.

490/13.5 = 36.29 MPG

90 Miles of which are on the freeway daily to and from work but with stop-and-go traffic in some areas. Oh, and I top out at 70MPH and average 65MPH most of the time.

cheers

Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 PM
no more oil

hi

congrats.....

wish i was getting that kind of lovin from the highlander

Old 05-19-2006, 02:51 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

Whoo-Geek-that is spectacular! My wife and son manage to get a bit less than that with the Prius!! doing that with a boxy SUV that is 800 lbs heavier is pretty good.Luck,Charlie
(I bought a cheapo Bell trunk rack-something like the Saris rack-Thanks for the steer on that, I would have never tought a trunk rack would fit the Prius) $29.95 at Walmart-made in the USA. I try to buy USA whenever possible(make up for the Prius)

Old 05-19-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by imescapin
That's great news. I am getting 36.3 MPG on my '06 FHE now and I have 1,400 miles on the odometer. I consistently fill the tank at 13.5 gallons and my trip goes all the way to 490 before the next fill up.

490/13.5 = 36.29 MPG

90 Miles of which are on the freeway daily to and from work but with stop-and-go traffic in some areas. Oh, and I top out at 70MPH and average 65MPH most of the time.

cheers
Awesome, imescapin! Time to plug in your data into GreenHybrid's Mileage Database so you can track it over time. There's something really keen about seeing that chart plot with my fuel economy on the rise!

What part of the country/world are you in?

Old 05-19-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by phoebeisis
Whoo-Geek-that is spectacular! My wife and son manage to get a bit less than that with the Prius!! doing that with a boxy SUV that is 800 lbs heavier is pretty good.Luck,Charlie
Heheh, Thanks! But tell your wife and son to ease up! I know the Prius is aerodynamic and sporty and spry, but that doesn't mean they need to be driven like they're on the NASCAR circuit!

It's a small data set, to be sure, but all the Prius I have seen so far have blown my doors off, on the highway or on city streets... and it's not like I'm puttering around at 35 in a 45mph limit zone. I tried to follow one briefly in a 45mph zone and they zoomed up to 50+mph only to brake hard for the active 25mph school zone 1/4 mile away.
(I bought a cheapo Bell trunk rack-something like the Saris rack-Thanks for the steer on that, I would have never tought a trunk rack would fit the Prius) $29.95 at Walmart-made in the USA. I try to buy USA whenever possible(make up for the Prius)
Fantastic find! We bought my Saris rack at a local bike shop and overpaid a little, but we love the bike shop and send as much business their way as we can. Bonus: they're opening a new location within riding distance of our home. Guess that business paid off!

Old 05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

Geek, hey, they want to get as close as possible to their customer! I'm at least 5 miles from a bike shop. I probably would have mail ordered a Saris from Nashbar, but I wasn't sure it would get here in time for our trip to Arizona. I just finished building up a 853 framed hardtail that I will hang on the rack. In truth, I really like full suspension more-55yo bones don't like bumps- but I fell victim to the pro hartail "steel is real" preachers. I got a good deal on the frame-Ebay-had some extra parts,so.....
I rarely actually mountain bike-New Orleans doesn't have many mountains-but our streets are crummy enough to require suspensions.

My wife and son don't drive fast!!Hard to believe considering the mpg,but they don't. Now, what they do is only take their foot off the gas to brake. They NEVER COAST-either gas or brake. They accelerate right up to a redlight and then jam on the brakes. It kills me, but my wife doesn't appreciate my side seat driving, so I shut up(most of the time). Thanks,Charlie
PS I have pointedly pointed up their automotive shortcomings; it was well received!!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Now, what they do is only take their foot off the gas to brake. They NEVER COAST-either gas or brake. They accelerate right up to a redlight and then jam on the brakes. It kills me, but my wife doesn't appreciate my side seat driving, so I shut up(most of the time). Thanks,Charlie
PS I have pointedly pointed up their automotive shortcomings; it was well received!!

OUCH! That's one of the reasons no one drives my vehicle. (That, and I don't let anyone drive my vehicle anyway. )

Geek, I had to check, you beat me, my best tank ever is 37.1. Then again, I do have AWD.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
OUCH! That's one of the reasons no one drives my vehicle. (That, and I don't let anyone drive my vehicle anyway. )

Geek, I had to check, you beat me, my best tank ever is 37.1. Then again, I do have AWD.
Hehe... I have a ways to go yet before I am even remotely in the same realm as others who are pulling great MPGs out of their FEHs. But it sure is nice to have some reward for the modifications to my driving in the form of increased fuel economy and less cash at the pumps. (I had a smug alert moment... I think I played it off without any other drivers noticing. "Heheh! $31 and 37.3mpg! Awesome" {oops, did I say that out loud?}

Could not help myself.

Quick Reply: Whoo Hoo! 37.3mpg

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands