Silverado Hybrid, changed inverter, theft deterrent code, no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Silverado Hybrid, changed inverter, theft deterrent code, no start

Changed the inverter on this truck because the old one took a dump. I now have tech 2. Figuring out how to get it to turn on! The lock symbol is on the dash and it says “service theft deterrent system” but when I pull up tech 2 and go to theft deterrent system there are no codes.

Keep in mind I only have the physical key. Truck didn’t come with a key fob. that is all the customer gave me. I am new with tech 2 so please help me out. Thank you

Old 08-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Silverado Hybrid, changed inverter, theft deterrent code, no start

if the inverter is a used module it will need to be reprogrammed (possibly) at the dealer I would inquire... a lot of parts on the hybrid are VIN locked