Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 02:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

you guys suck at looking?

has it occurred to you to type in the part number into google?

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...odule-25883951

Old 07-26-2020, 01:31 PM
Enthusiast

This item is a Special Order Part. Most special order parts will generally ship from our warehouse within 48-72 hours but may take up to 7-10 business days based upon their availability from General Motors before shipping from our facility in North Carolina. For parts availability questions please contact us at customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com.

Old 07-26-2020, 08:56 PM

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...83951&_sacat=0

looks like a couple of sellers have them on hand ebay is really picky on this thing

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 07-26-2020 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:50 AM
Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

Well all, sorry for my delay on this. So as I said back in February I had lots of travel for work. I did until March 8th, then this COVID thing happened and no travel but also no visit to the dealer . That said I have nothing for you. As I have commented before the Service Hybrid System comes on at lower temperatures on my 2013 Yukon. Texas is warm now and it has not come on again since February. 3 system checks with 3 different devices said no codes so I am going with that for now.

On another note - It seems that while idling in electric mode, my wife seems to think it has a louder than normal "whining" sound coming from the engine area. Any thought? or others with an experience like this.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:28 PM

call them and ask if they got it

legally they should not offer a product they actually don't have in stock..

Old 07-28-2020, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by BamaDawg
Well all, sorry for my delay on this. So as I said back in February I had lots of travel for work. I did until March 8th, then this COVID thing happened and no travel but also no visit to the dealer . That said I have nothing for you. As I have commented before the Service Hybrid System comes on at lower temperatures on my 2013 Yukon. Texas is warm now and it has not come on again since February. 3 system checks with 3 different devices said no codes so I am going with that for now.

On another note - It seems that while idling in electric mode, my wife seems to think it has a louder than normal "whining" sound coming from the engine area. Any thought? or others with an experience like this.

no that is the sound from the Battery Blower I suggest cleaning it out if you have not ever done that

the Seal tends to blow out and the blower fan for the BATTERY is VERY loud in high mode it's about 500-600CFM and if the seal is leaking air you will get sound from it

as the idiot designers made the exhaust vent undersized compared to the fan speed(CFM) and intake size(Think electric leaf blower speed output)

if you take off the exhaust vent it's about 500CFM and the exhaust exit is tiny even worse is the external exhaust vent is even smaller
the output port under the passenger side muffler ( to the right )..
so you end up with a seal blow out.. overtime

in high mode it's very loud without the cover on about 90db

also if it's on High mode make sure the air is actually leaving the SUV my exhaust flapper got stuck closed I was able to free it up

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 07-29-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
no that is the sound from the Battery Blower I suggest cleaning it out if you have not ever done that

the Seal tends to blow out and the blower fan for the BATTERY is VERY loud in high mode it's about 500-600CFM and if the seal is leaking air you will get sound from it

as the idiot designers made the exhaust vent undersized compared to the fan speed(CFM) and intake size(Think electric leaf blower speed output)

if you take off the exhaust vent it's about 500CFM and the exhaust exit is tiny even worse is the external exhaust vent is even smaller
the output port under the passenger side muffler ( to the right )..
so you end up with a seal blow out.. overtime

in high mode it's very loud without the cover on about 90db

also if it's on High mode make sure the air is actually leaving the SUV my exhaust flapper got stuck closed I was able to free it up

are you talking about the blower inside the car under backseat? I am talking about a whining sound outside the Yukon and it sounds like it is coming from behind the front right wheel. Is there an exhaust flap under there ?

Old 07-29-2020, 01:35 PM

is the A/C on? when it makes the noise
if off...

the noise could be a worn idler pulley squeaking(or the belt chirping )..(only has a water pump on the belt)... I thought about Going all electrical ... and deleting the belt system and mechanical water pump bit pricey but might be an option when the pump fails

on the blower in the back seat (battery) that is also a source of noise in the cabin.. as the seal goes out (going to see if homedepo or lowes has like 1mm weather stripping to reseal that)

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 07-29-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:58 AM

When dealing with a temperature related warning message issue it could possibly be related to fluid contraction / expansion. (pressure/temperature relationship) I am going to do a WAG here and say that the poster simply has a slightly low cooling reservoir for the inverter pump coolant..................in cooler temperatures the coolant level drops just enough to set off the low level sensor, after it warms up the fluid level climbs just enough for the sensor to go off! Could it be that simple???? Has the Forum crew figured out this problem????

WWSBD (What Would Sling Blade Do)
Hahahahahaha

Old 09-05-2020, 06:29 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...83951&_sacat=0

looks like a couple of sellers have them on hand ebay is really picky on this thing
OK looks like this part number is for a wide range of GM vehicles. So if I find one in salvage yard will I have to get it programmed to my vehicle. Local dealer won't do it.

Quick Reply: Service Hybrid System 2013 Yukon

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands