Problem Starting Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Hybrid in Jordan
Default Re: Problem Starting Hybrid

Jordan Breeze

Attached Thumbnails Problem Starting Hybrid-img_1311.jpg   Problem Starting Hybrid-img_1179.jpg   Problem Starting Hybrid-img_1013.jpg   Problem Starting Hybrid-img_1298.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

That grey goat is saying "Why is it moving without the engine running???"

Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Cute kid. Does he like it?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Guys ..

Just a few shots of my Hoe Hybrid on a trip last Easter to the Kastoria region of Northern Greece.

It's close to the border with Albania, and was early April, so there was still snow high up.

Tried to go up a mountain, but the front air dam became a snow plow and thought it would be better to turn around rather than get stuck.

Will post more pics soon.

All the best

Rob

Attached Thumbnails Problem Starting Hybrid-356a.jpg   Problem Starting Hybrid-353a.jpg   Problem Starting Hybrid-359a.jpg   Problem Starting Hybrid-360a.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Hybrid in Jordan

Originally Posted by fjungman
Cute kid. Does he like it?
My kids treat it like the sea ray weekender that we used to have in the us. they pack there bellows and movies every where we go

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Hybrid in Jordan

Ok, my problem seems to be fixed after repairing the transmission wiring harness. My early production Yukon hybrid "12/07" definitely had a faulty wiring harness that made the truck to stall while driving. which also cause the lose of brake and power steering.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 AM

That's great news Omar.
Pls keep us post
take care

Old 12-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Hybrid in Jordan

Rop,
Have you had experienced any stalling since your new replacement harness was don?
I repaired my old One and mine did well for 2 month then the problem is back again. I'm still waiting for a new one to arrive on the 8th.

Did you find out if the new harness have a different electrical rout or its just a stronger plugs and wires?

Old 12-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Omar

I have had no problems starting since the new harness was installed. I was wondering if temperature was the initial cause of the problem. It worked fine until the weather here in Greece started to get into the 30C+ range.

I have also tried to get the software update, but Cadillac here in Greece don't have the correct computer to install the software.

I am pleased you're getting the new harness quickly. It took me almost 3 months to get my tahoe back on the road.

All the best

Rob

Rob

Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Hybrid in Jordan

Rob,

In my experience, this happened regardless of the outside temperature "in cold days as well. I kept track of the transmission temperature. and I notice the readings over 160 F. degrees when it happen.

I had my hybrid modular updated at the GM dealer in Amman. but that did not address the issue.

I also check the battery volt and amp, hybrid coolant level. the ground wire. the new wirring harness is the only thing left for me before I start my claim with GM.

I'm glad to hear the harness fixed your problem. and thank you for all the information you provided in this post.

Quick Reply: Problem Starting Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands