Hybrid wiring diagram needed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid wiring diagram needed.

DJ, I am a skeptic. If you think it works, go for it. 6 lpm blended in with the hundreds of liters per minute will be harder to find than that beeping horn.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ha....well, we will see if it works.

From what I understand the HHO acts as a catalyst to imporove the efficiency of the burn.....not really to replace the gasoline but it does to a small degree. If the engine is more efficient, gets SIGNIFICANT increase in MPG (better than 20% which is measurable) then it may be worth it.

I do not believe hardly anything I see on the net and myself am very leary of manufacturers self serving claims..... but when you see
"40% inrease in efficiency", "up to 50% better MPG", "lower emissions", "cleaner engine", cooler running engine", "increased HP" it deserves investigating ....not only on a theoretical level but in the application in the everyday world. My course of study was Applied Science.

My investigation has sought out the best units produced today....and it is NOT just the impementation of the HHO device ....but if it works....can I improve it even more with the right combination of other products....such as with a better pre throttle body induction system....and what other improvements would enhance MPG over OEM.

Since my GM warranty has just run out I can now play.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:04 PM

"Since my GM warranty has just run out I can now play." Don't go too far off the reservation. On another thread KKlein had discussed spark plugs, plug wires, and Volant intake. I believe they worked very well for him. That #8 spark plug is a @#$% to get at. So be careful of sharp sheet metal and make sure the plug wires over on that side are on real good.

The single biggest improvement to spark ignited combustion is spark energy. Nothing beats sheer brute force in Joules. All kinds of plugs, some look like goalie masks. Energy is all that matters. A good metalurgy pointy single "J" shaped plug electrode is still best. KKlein was real happy with his Pulstars. Then measure your stock plug wires for ohms. Measure the new high performance ones. The high perf ones should be significantly less ohms. Lower "R" more Joules from the coil make to ignite the fuel. Literally the best bang for the buck. So check his work out, no need reinventing the wheel.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Unfortunetly Pulstars do not come in Silver....only Platinum / Iridium.
Additioinally if desiring a CD type system I would NOT use a CD plug...rather placing the CD in the wire or coil. Coil-on-plug with CD would be optimal. The reason is that CD plugs are expensive and prone to failure as plugs are fragile, easily wear out, corrode, foul and have insulator failure. CD plugs are more prone to internal seal failure. Plus if you have to change heat range then you have to discard an expensive plug.

Additionally some CD systems have current leakage even with grounding wires and cause ECU problems (worse in wet conditions)

Silver is the BEST electrical conductor coinsidering Thermal Conductivity (dissipates heat faster) and has the highest electrical conductivity, wider heat range, less erosion etc.

Plug Metallurgy:
MATERIAL / THERMAL CONDUCT / ELEC. CONDUCT

Silver / 407 / 66
Copper / 384 / 57
Gold / 310 / 45
Plat. / 70 / 10
Nickel / 59 / 10
Steel / 58 / 7

Therm. Cond. = Energy/ meter x Kelvin = (1 kcal/(mxhxgrd) = 1.163 W/(mxK)

Elec. Cond. = MegaSiemens/meter = MS/m = 1S m/mm2 = 1 MS/m, 1S = 1/3

Do I need a CD system to increase burn rate if using Hydrogen which increases burn rate phenominally ?

I am using the Silver electrode race plugs with a J tip and the BEST low resistance and BEST EMI shielded race wires available as a base line. The idea here is to start with an optimized ECU tune and electrical system and MAINTAIN the optimizatioin throughout the tests. I'm not trying to gain performance from the electrical system just maintain high efficiency.

I may test CD wires in the system at a later date.

Last edited by DJWorm; 07-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Is the hybrid already a COP(coil on plug). What would be a good aftermarket?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

No. Individual coil > short wire > plug per each cylinder.

We are doing testing on the Hybrid...although with our 10 years experience with Chevy LS engines in competition and previous experience; we pretty much know what the answer will be. Stay tuned.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Those plugs and wires should do well. Hydrogen has a much lower activation energy, so any hydrogen addition should help get things started. Going to CD and or drag race mag energy levels probably won't be necessary.