Hybrid Decals/emblems

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Decals/emblems

Originally Posted by willywaxer
I like a simple look (and ease of cleaning) so I took off all the Hybrid decals on my Tahoe. I also took off all the "Tahoe" emblems and removed the "Two-mode" emblems. The Chevy symbol on the rear hatch handle I removed, but had to replace as there are 2 holes and an indent behind it and I didn't want to fill and paint. However, I was told not to remove the green H hybrid symbols as these are needed for identification by emergency crews (notifying them of high-voltage batteries aboard). I plan to leave the ones on the pillars and rear hatch, but would like to remove the two on the front fenders. Anybody do this?

Does anyone know the validity of the emblem removal? What about the guy that adds the logos, trying to pose as a Hybrid? I'm guessing there is no real way to police this. I read the Hybrid manual and it does not mention anything about not removing the emblems. Also, if the vehicle was in a fire or severe crash, the logos may not be readily identifiable anyways.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gruson
Here are some pictures of my debadged Hybrid:

Take off those stickers!!!!
Hey, what did you use to blackout your Bowties? Is it vinyl or a new piece? Thanks,
AA

Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Enthusiast

How do I blackout my embelems? I bought some online but they are different sizes and shapes. I am thinking of going the vinyl route. Any suggestions?

Old 02-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

My Bowtie emblem on the front is cracking. Does anyone know where to get a billet replacement? Anyone buy one on ebay?
I would like to get a replacement mesh grill put on but not sure where to find one that fits...also not sure if a new grill would restrict airflow and cause overheating.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast

I have a black powder coat one I would part with. I didn't use it since I wanted the chorme on the outside. This emblem is solid black. Interested?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer, but I would like to get a solid billet emblem in silver.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Enthusiast

I finally got around to taking some pictures... I removed all my badging at the end of last summer.
The only badges on mine are the green 'H' on the c pillars and the front and rear bowties. I even removed the rubstrips as they were beginning to fall off. I think that has to do with the climate here (over 100 in the summer, and below -30 in the winter) since I have seen quite a few GM SUVs with them peeling off.
Here's the two quick shots I took since I at least removed the winter grime yesterday. I think it looks pretty sinister now...
Name:  Tahoe1.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  104.0 KB
Name:  Tahoe2.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  91.4 KB