FEH decals

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default FEH decals

I remember seeing a "HYBRID" decal somewhere before, but doing a search on eBay hasn't turned up anything. Does anybody here know of a source that sells those cool reflective decal that highlights the "HYBRID" part?

by the way, I thought the "ESCAPE" brake light decal here is quite interesting: http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-2007-Ford-E...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH decals

When I first bought my FEH in July, there were a number of tail light decals like that on ebay that said "Hybrid" instead of Escape. Hmmm....

Old 10-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
by the way, I thought the "ESCAPE" brake light decal here is quite interesting: http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-2007-Ford-E...QQcmdZViewItem
That eBay seller seems to specialize in third brake light decals. Why not send him an email, and ask if he would do a "HYBRID" one?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion, I just did.

By the way, searching around the net, I found some other cool decals, but they are only for the Prius http://priuschat.com/shop/product_in...products_id/17

Doesn't FEH deserve more cool decals like the Prius?!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is the seller (econodeals)... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

I asked him last year if he would make these, and a week later he had them up for sale

Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
I made my own with a template I received from another website and some transparency paper for my printer. Sorry, no photo yet.

I've attached the templates. Most folks who make these themselves recommend printing two templates and sandwiching them together, otherwise the black sections aren't quite dark enough to block sufficient light to make the text legible.

The transparency 'paper' is thick and if you cut it right you don't need to tape (don't glue!) it in there. I goofed on my cutting slightly and have a tiny bit of invisible Scotch tape keeping my template flat.

Attached Files

Last edited by GeekGal; 10-18-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:41 PM

I don't know. Personal opinions on the look aside....with my history of getting rear-ended at stop lights (3x in less than a year) I don't know if I'd want to reduce the size and brightness of my 3rd brake light.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 PM

'Tis plenty bright, but your mileage may vary. So many folks around here drive around with lights burned out that having any functioning light is a "bonus".

Check your local DMV laws regarding obscuring any light before doing so. I'm not liable for your tickets or failure to pass inspection due to not checking your local legality of such a mod... same goes for any mod to any vehicle.

P.S. One week in my FEH -- months before my brake light (or any other) mod -- a construction pickup nearly rear-ended me (screeching tires, skidmarks, the works) despite my ample signalling a turn into a Post Office parking lot. Lights don't prevent accidents, people do.

Last edited by GeekGal; 10-18-2006 at 01:46 PM.