GM Recall Notice

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Angry GM Recall Notice

Has anyone completed the newly received recall notice "Your GM dealer will reprogram the transmission controller to reduce the clutch pressure"?

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default yep I got it...

Originally Posted by kklein
Has anyone completed the newly received recall notice "Your GM dealer will reprogram the transmission controller to reduce the clutch pressure"?
haven't done it yet but I just turned 12k so Ill do it with my 4th oil change sometime this week. I hope it doesn't affect performance, otherwise I think its no big deal

Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GM Recall Notice

Just got mine. Going to get it done soon. What is interesting is

"...may also cause the engine to run at a higher RPM, reducing fuel economy....

Old 11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

Uh Guyz.....
You might want to get this one checked pretty quick. I didn't even know about it til I took my Tahoe in for an oil change today. The tried doing the upgrade and came back with a bunch of error codes (stability control for one thing)... They wound up keeping it overnight until they can call Detroit tomorrow (and Ron Baker Chevrolet here in San Diego has 2 awesome hybrid techs, they were both perplexed). Until they fix, i guess I'll just have to do with the Buick Lucerine they gave me to drive.....

Seriously, I didn't notice anything wrong with the Tahoe when I took it in, but error codes give me the *******!!!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default thats why i usually wait a bit...

Originally Posted by Cygnus9th
Uh Guyz.....
You might want to get this one checked pretty quick. I didn't even know about it til I took my Tahoe in for an oil change today. The tried doing the upgrade and came back with a bunch of error codes (stability control for one thing)... They wound up keeping it overnight until they can call Detroit tomorrow (and Ron Baker Chevrolet here in San Diego has 2 awesome hybrid techs, they were both perplexed). Until they fix, i guess I'll just have to do with the Buick Lucerine they gave me to drive.....

Seriously, I didn't notice anything wrong with the Tahoe when I took it in, but error codes give me the *******!!!!!
let them experiment on the first couple and then get it down correctly for mine!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks, I'll bring mine in to Marvin K. Brown and let them know about what you found out.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Jet!
Was you in Point Loma today? Thought I spotted a Hy Yukie!!!

As for experimenting, dunno who you go to for service, but they guyz at Ron Baker are pretty sharp and thorough with the Hybrids (they do service for the US Navy GSA vehicles as well). Just based of past experience, (and the other recalls and concerns I have posted to them), they are very competent techs.

Course the reason is probably incompatible software drivers or something.... they should have bought a PC vice a MAC!!!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default nope....

but I'm easy to spot my lic. is of course JET1!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

So there are 3 Hybrids in San Diego?

I have seen a white one in El Cajon.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kklein
I haven't received it - anyone know what the TSB # is for it?

Quick Reply: GM Recall Notice

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands