First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: First Accessory for our Hybrids! Pics

Is the custom tailpipe still available? Just picked up a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and it's so quiet during idle it's kinda scary. I just traded in a 2007 Escalade EXT which was the exact opposite, sounded like aftermarket exhaust during idle so maybe I'm just used to something louder.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CPMS
Is the custom tailpipe still available? Just picked up a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid and it's so quiet during idle it's kinda scary. I just traded in a 2007 Escalade EXT which was the exact opposite, sounded like aftermarket exhaust during idle so maybe I'm just used to something louder.
Yes, I sure do. We are making another batch now. PM me if you would like to order.

Jason

Old 06-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

Jason, assume I'll need to cut the pipe between the muffler and resonator and clamp on the new tailpiece?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Enthusiast

Yes that is correct. Fairly simple. We cut right behind the axle.

Thanks,

Jason

Old 07-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Enthusiast

I put mine on. Cut was easy, but the truck was on a lift. I didn't think a clamp would hold it and we tacked it on with welder. Needs a better weld i think.

I don't know how to get a clamp to hold it on without splitting the chrome part.

YMMV.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I put mine on today. I can't say it went great, but the end result was good. It looked like it wouldn't fit, so I wanted to take the muffler off at the clamp, without cutting to get it into position better. No amount of force would get the muffler off of the pipe after I completely loosened the clamp. Finally, I cut as close to the hanger as I could, so I could test fit and cut more if needed. That was too much. I had to move the hanger to get it hung, but when all was said and done, it looks excellent!!! So, great looking product, but I can't say everyone will have a perfect install. Oh, I love the sound now. Barely louder, but you can hear the cylinders firing, which gives it a slight growl. Much more fitting of such a handsome truck.