Getting our First Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Getting our First Hybrid

Very happy to say we just put a deposit on a 2008 Civic Hybrid. I am happy to have found this forum and have just spent way too many hours reading as much as I can. The information all of you have shared is great, I just need to learn the new language!
Already I have questions for the sales person about the software update and if it was done or not. Don't like the mismatched Dunlop tires on the car and if I have to have Dunlops I at least want all 4 tires to be of the same tread.
Is there anything else we should be asking before we take ownership of the car? It is a Certified used car so we're hopeful that all is well.
I look forward to reading and learning more as time goes on.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Getting our First Hybrid

That should get his attention! Make sure they are LRR tires. Pump them to 38 ft. 36 r as soon as possible. Better FE and tires wear better. Find out if it has newer upper control arms on rear. My car cupped the rear tire because of negative Camber . Neg. camber could not be adjusted out. 2008 may have had the new ones, but it seems to me the old were used up til mid. 2008. H

Old 07-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Getting our First Hybrid

Thanks for the info on the upper control arms. Based on the vin number of the car that I read in another thread, our '08 should be ok. I am now going to ask my daughter about her '06 Civic. She's replaced her tires once already and I don't know if she knows about this issue. She and her sister (accord) have always been pleased with the service dept that they use and we will also be using them. I'd like to think that they know of this problem and would take care of it.