ecm swap help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default ecm swap help!!

bad pin on my ecm. how do I reset/flash the replacement ecm? I have the autel maxis with the passthru programmer. does anyone know how to do this. thanks

Old 10-13-2022, 08:00 AM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ecm swap help!!

youtube?

Old 10-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
that was my 1st try. there was no programming tab just service and diagnos

Old 10-15-2022, 02:06 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

any luck? can just get to that pin inside and solder a wire to it and just jump it to the harness?

Old 10-15-2022, 04:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
any luck? can just get to that pin inside and solder a wire to it and just jump it to the harness?
aaaand that was my 2nd option. the pin that broke has voltage on it. I'm not sure if it provides the entire ecm with power or not. but what u did was took the back cover off soldered a wire to the back side ran the wire out and attached it to the wire behind the plug.. nothing changed. still no crank still all the other lights are on. abs, service hybrid, service Trac cont, service power steering yaaada yaada yaada.. I was able to confirm with a company that the replacement ecm I have is compatible. I'm just waiting for someone to shop by with an aultec scanner with the flashing passthru.

I'll get one step closer anyway.

Old 10-15-2022, 05:32 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

hopefully the new ecm solves it.. man you got a hard one. do you know what wire number it is? I'd could probably look up what that wire goes to if so. normally there's a wire number on the plug and the plugs are letter like ABCD. and then the color of wire, like a blue with a white strip or something like that.

Old 10-15-2022, 05:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
hopefully the new ecm solves it.. man you got a hard one. do you know what wire number it is? I'd could probably look up what that wire goes to if so. normally there's a wire number on the plug and the plugs are letter like ABCD. and then the color of wire, like a blue with a white strip or something like that.
I'll look when I get back. just picked up a friend's Aultec tool. i think the wire is yellow. there is also a white wire that looks like someone put in. runs along side the main harness and goes into cab. I'll check out more here shortly

Old 10-16-2022, 02:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
I'll look when I get back. just picked up a friend's Aultec tool. i think the wire is yellow. there is also a white wire that looks like someone put in. runs along side the main harness and goes into cab. I'll check out more here shortly

I just don't understand... I got the new ecm to program. all the listed modules in the atd2 software say pass after I click program and it reprogram all of them. the old vin no longer shows up when auto scanning the new pcm. but no crank still.

Old 10-16-2022, 04:14 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

huh. that is odd. I can't remember did it run at some point but with a miss or am I thinking of something else.

sounds like you got programed. did you try clearing all the dtc and see what it gives you? can you see they hybrid Battery voltage on the scanner?

Old 10-16-2022, 07:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
huh. that is odd. I can't remember did it run at some point but with a miss or am I thinking of something else.

sounds like you got programed. did you try clearing all the dtc and see what it gives you? can you see they hybrid Battery voltage on the scanner?
this is what keeps coming on. I can clear it but it comes rate back the truck will start run for 3 seconds shut off then RESTART itself then dies again

Quick Reply: ecm swap help!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands