Driver's Heated Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 04:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Driver's Heated Seat Issue

Last year my heated driver's seat starting acting intermittent. Back pad worked fine, passenger seat worked fine. I reseated the connectors to the module (no burnt terminals) and it worked fine through summer. Fast forward to this winter and nothing on it works. When I hit the button I can hear the relay click and the fan actuates for probably 5-10 seconds but then shuts off. Same thing goes for turning on the cooled seat feature. Passenger seat is fine.

I have read typically the seat cushion goes bad and causes the system to fault out...but I don't know how the cooled seat feature would be tied to that. I am tempted to buy a new module and try that but before I do wanted to see if the forum has any advice. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2023, 01:32 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Driver's Heated Seat Issue

my c6 does the same thing on the driver's side, I've had the seat apart replacing the cover, checked all the heating pads for shorts and they seemed fine. never got back around to fixing it.

hopefully you figure it out. I can probably look up a trouble tree if you want to drive into it. a tech 2 will give you codes from the module. I've got one code for a stuck lumbar motor. in never adjust any of that, so I've not messed with it.