C12BA - ABS Regenerative Axle Pressure Sensor Circuit Sho

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 01:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default C12BA - ABS Regenerative Axle Pressure Sensor Circuit Sho

Greetings!

I own a 2010 GMC Sierra Hybrid. It's currently throwing the C12BA code, which is defined as follows:
C12BA - ABS Regenerative Axle Pressure Sensor Circuit Short To Battery

I've looked this code in AllDataDIY, though, and it doesn't tell me which sensor triggers this code or where it's located.

Also, I've attached a scantool (ThinkScan S) to the truck, and I can't see anything that looks like a shorted sensor in any of the data streams I can see. I've also cleared the codes, and this problem is neither transient nor intermittent.

Lastly, my local GMC and Chevy dealers aren't particularly interested in helping me maintain this truck and they tell me I'm the only customer in my city who has one of these GM hybrids -- so these dealers are not sources of expertise on this truck.

Does anyone here have any insight into which sensor I need to replace in order to clear this error and smooth out my regenerative braking?

Last edited by Luke42; 06-09-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: C12BA - ABS Regenerative Axle Pressure Sensor Circuit Sho

exactly what it means a wire has rubbed raw and is shorting to ground(or to a powerline) have you checked the fuse?

has the 12v battery been load tested old batteries can lead to electrical issues

also clean the terminals very well like really good (also make sure it's seated correctly as far to the base of the post as possible w/o damaging the post ) I took my apart and polished them ( 10mm deep socket and extension required for the mega fuse area) use a nylon brush and electrical cleaner that is made for plastic connectors

once it gets below 13.4v funky stuff starts happening
had an issue where my voltage was sagging and the battery was not charging only had 12.1 volts and getting 13.2v 13.1v from the inverter (i thought it was "bad" inverter)
This can lead to a crash if it unexpectedly "shuts off" or stalls

When it's on you should be getting 14.49v to 14.55v volts steady 👌(All the time ) now that i cleaned them up very well this does not have the Variable Voltage regulator like the normal's do... as it's on demand power

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 10-10-2021 at 02:00 PM.