Accessories....

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Accessories....

On the Silverado Hybrid I had asked the dealer to install OEM bed rail protectors. They said they were unable to as there was an incompatibility with the soft tonneau cover. However, after getting the truck and looking at the hybrid manual, it looks like you can put on both the bed rail protectors and the cover as it is discussed in the manual. Has anyone done this? Any issues? It looks like the OEM cover might be put down with sticky tape that has to be pulled off and redone - don't know how easy that is.

I'd like to transport kayaks. I thought the best setup would be to use Yakama mounts which clip into the door jambs in the front (one rack on the roof), and then put the back rack on top of the Cargo Management System's overhead bed divider (part 1780246). This would require figuring how to mount the rack on the overhead bed divider. Have anyone done this yet? I figure at the worst I can attached fake rain gutter plates to the overhead bed divider as the mount point for the rack.

Has anyone put fender flares on the 2010 Silverado? If so - any pictures? What brand did you use - it doesn't look like GM has any OEM flares. Any chance there are flares that work with splash guards and/or wheel house liners?

Has anyone found assist steps that can be used with the hybrid? GM indicates that the OEM assist steps can't be used on the hybrid.

Also planning on using blendmounts for a scangauge and V1. Anyone else installed these?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Accessories....

Are there any accessory sites where I can find things specific to hybrid? I would like to upgrade my grille,bow ties, steering wheel trim...ect...

Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Accessories....

The official OEM site is: http://gmcaccessories.com/

You can get these directly from your GM dealer, or you can find a number of dealers who sell them on the Internet and on EBay.

I wouldn't say I've seen any that are hybrid specific, but there are a few that are for everything BUT hybrids, so read the descriptions carefully.

There are some sites that have none OEM accessories - I find that most are for older model years.