Accesories for 09 Tahoe Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
aka soulsea
Default Re: Accesories for 09 Tahoe Hybrid?

On the remote thing I honestly dunno ... I haven't seen a pn just for the fob but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one. It seems however unlikely ... but a quick stop at the parts dept. next time you're at the dealership and they'll be able to tell you with their more comprehensive parts list.

Those wheels will look sick if you decide to get them. But please don't buy the Nexen tires, the Nitto 420S upgrade is a must ... they are great tires, multidirectional, and by far the prettiest tread pattern on the road.

Brembo brakes would be incredible ... but holy poop those big brake kits are expensive.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Enthusiast

I was actually planning on getting the bridgestone tires, since i have had no experience with nitto...but the reviews seem positive and they are a bit cheaper.

Also just for reference, how much did your dealer charge to install the 2-way remote?

Another small thing I had done to the tahoe recently, was getting all the rock chips in the paint touched-up to keep them from eventually rusting. I bought the paint from the dealer parts department and took it to a local body shop that touched-up the 15 or so tiny nicks for $30.

Serge, thanks for all input and advice, I truly appreciate it.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 PM
aka soulsea

Go with the nittos, unless you regularly drive in over a foot of snow you won't regret it.
If not I'll sell ya my low mileage goodyears which are the highest rated gm spec tire for oem 22s and buy the nittos myself. Only reason I haven't bought them is cause I only have 5000 miles on mine.

I don't remember how much the dealer charged me for the remote install and I'm out and away from my receipts. But I'll check for you when I get back.

Last edited by HyHoe; 12-05-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

Hey Serge, have another question for you. I'll be getting the doors sills & step shields i ordered in a few days and wanted to ask how they are installed.

Do you just pull the old sills off? I tried but almost felt like i was going to break the tabs underneath in the process, but this could just be me being paranoid.

As for the step shields, how do they install? Are they backed with an adhesive or something?

Correct me if im mixed up.. The shields are the lower ones,while the sills are the top ones right?

As Always, thanks for your help!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:41 AM
aka soulsea

The step shields (lower) are very easy. Just clean the area and stick them on with the 3m tape they come with. They fit exactly in a small recess on the step.

The sills are the same, don't be afraid to pull hard on the plastic ones, they'll just snap off with a little effort. The new ones snap in in the same spot.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Enthusiast

Awesome!!! Thanks