Accesories for 09 Tahoe Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
aka soulsea
Default Re: Accesories for 09 Tahoe Hybrid?

Well, do the res delete and see how you like it after you live with it for a while, and then decide if you want more rumble.

For me I just wanted it a little 'throatier' to distinguish the 6.0L from a Prius.

Also keep in mind how the 2 mode will operate/sound with a louder exhaust ... with the res delete the switchover is barely noticeable, but you might find that driving on electric and then hear the Flowmaster kick in in mid stream might be awkward.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Enthusiast

Just another small update on the tahoe

I had the resonator delete/tip installed last week; I have to admit it sounds and looks much better than I had imagined. Barely noticeably inside, and a pleasant rumble outside...Perfect!

I also put a K&N drop in air filter which had NO effect at all.

Yesterday I ordered a Volant CAI, which I got for $259 shipped with a coupon code!
http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/15453.html
(I will probably hold off on installing this till the warranty on the truck expires in a few months)

One little mod i've been tossing around is upgrading the key/remote to one similar to that found in the new Camaro.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-CHEVY-C...item3a6cfd6f4c

Will probably have to do some research, into the frequency/transponder etc. to see if it will work.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
aka soulsea

Hey bud,

Glad you like the res delete as much as I do.

I also have the K&N drop in filter and it's hard to tell any difference. Not that I was expecting much mind you as performance will not improve nor will the sound change without a larger intake tube.

I'm VERY interested to see how the Volant CAI install goes. I read on another thread here that some trimming is required. If it's easy I'll be right behind you. As per the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act, the CAI does not void any element of your warranty. K&N has a whole page of documentation in this regard that I'm happy to track down if you need me to. Although I understand if you want to avoid the conversation/argument with a service manager should something fail and they try to jerk you around.

Interesting idea on the remote swap ... I just received one of those Advanced 2-way remotes that I'll soon get installed. It's actually quite cool albeit rather bulky.

Hope you're keeping well.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Enthusiast

Im doing great Serge thanks for asking!

I too read the thread on the hybrid CAI install and after seeing the intake in-person installed on a buddy's 5.3 Tahoe I was quite impressed.
While K&N CAI have always felt cheap to me, the Volant is a few notches higher in quality than OEM. The finish on these cai's is very sharp looking. The volant website lists the CAI i had linked to as compatible with the 6.0 hybrid tahoe.

At $259 i decided to take a shot...even if it may sit in the closet for a few months before the install.

But I really am interested in the Camaro key fob swap....I have seen the 2-way remote on a Cadillac DTS...it definitely has some cool features...but with its chunky size and old-school antenna, i feel it might be a step in the wrong direction.

I really love the Camaro remote (especially how the key flicks out at the push of a button!)
Any ideas on where/who i should start asking to see if it is possible?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:56 PM
aka soulsea

If you shoot me a PM next week to remind me I will ask my buddy at the parts dept. about the fob. I'll also put the question to my buddies over at tahoeyukonforum, although you are welcome to join and ask them yourself.

Yeah I'm admiring your courage with the Volant CAI. I once asked a Volant rep on TYF if he could confirm that any of their intakes are compatible with the hybrid and never heard back from him. I've also heard of issues with Volants spitting out codes on newer (non-hybrid) Tahoes/Yukons/Eskys. And I'm also not sure looking at the pic of the CAI where the MAF sensor plugs into. I think that's what that is, I know nothing of automobile mechanics. Anyhoot it's the plug that's on the intake tube.

But I'm all over the remote thing!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast

Ha...i've been creeping on the tahoeyukon forum for a while, I think it is finally time to register!

The MAF sensor plugs into the tube, very near to the box. (It can be seen on the second pic)
http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/15453.html

I am definitely going to give it a shot... worst case...i'll put the stock intake back on.

As for the remote...I would appreciate it so much if you could run the question past your parts guy. The part number for the remote is 13504199. I will be sure to send you a PM next week.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
aka soulsea

Cool, register so you can post on your own topic: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=33842

And I'll definitely run it by my parts guy.

Cheers!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Serge, how are you doing?

I just wanted to fill you in on the key fob swap idea. Well, the camaro fob swap was a pretty big disappointment. The key blade is much too narrow and the frequencies were totally off. So the $50 camaro fob is now a paper-weight on my desk at work.

But the past week or so, i have been giving the advanced 2-way remote a serious thought. What is the part number? And is it just a fob or is there a kit with a transmitter too?

I am so considering lacing-up the Hoe in these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-CH...item3a6c99b51b

Not sure if the chrome wheels will look out of place on a white truck with very little chrome elsewhere?

Old 12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
aka soulsea

Hey Pete ... all's good on my end. I hope and trust the same goes for you.

Sorry to hear about the fob, but thanks for trying ... it's through such efforts that the rest of us learn. Small solace perhaps given the lost funds, but that's all I got.

The part number for the fob is 19171129 ... and it comes with the fob, module, and antenna.

I like the Marinello rep wheels ... a lot of folks on tyf have them and are very happy with them. That one is a classic one that many also like in black ... my favorite is the platinum14 model. It's the one esky platinums have and I have yet to see one on a hoe with the proper chevy caps. http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-CHROME-WH...#ht_6450wt_922

But yeah, for reps they're very good quality.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast

Im actually warming up to the look of the 2-way remotes now. I have gone ahead and bought the the kit with the part number you gave. One question though...lets say the 2-way fob gets damaged, do i have to buy the entire kit again or can it be bought separately?

Also, I like the wheels you linked to Even better! The colored chevy center caps look awesome. Im think an upgrade to a brembo brakes will really compliment this set up. Under $2000 for 22" wheels AND tires shipped seems like a decent deal to me.

Quick Reply: Accesories for 09 Tahoe Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands