General EV Discussion Discuss electric only vehicles (Tesla, Volt etc.)

Mini e

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mini e

Klaus-
FYI, the sales tax is deductible and it is still not clear whether there is a tax credit. BMW is saying that there isn't and that they already took it, but the law states that it's a consumer credit. The law is poorly written and no one has a clear answer (not even the IRS). If the tax credit does apply, the car will be ridiculously cheap. However, BMW doesn't want the car to be that cheap. They have a target consumer for the car; one that can afford the $850 a month and I think that's what most of the price has to do with.

Where are you seeing that this car is being leased in Berlin? I'd like to check that out.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mini e

So I'm assuming we've all gotten our MINI Es by now. I've talked to some of you about your cars, but there is some good discussion going on over on facebook. Check it out if you have a chance. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8014223&ref=ts