Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

yin and yang of fuel usage

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Kung Pao Master
Talking yin and yang of fuel usage

Hello, folks!

I am a brand newbie here, looking forward to learning and sharing data.

FWIW, I am a recent hybrid convert; I traded up from my 2003 Honda CR-V to a 2007 Prius with only 9,000 miles.

My evil twin to my Prius is my 1970 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce and a half. The good? Well, it's a big multifuel motor designed for diesel amongst other hydro fuels. I'll be able to run just about anything in that puppy including WVO, BD, jet fuel, kerosene, used motor oil, tranny fluid, you get the picture.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq59oaYA

Unfortunately, it gets only about 8-10mpg.

Here's the numbers from doing absolutely nothing to my bone-stock Prius, still running 36/34 psi in the tires from the dealer: (this will change) - 51.5mpg. Neat!

Adam

Last edited by Adam Lee; 05-14-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: repairs!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Engineering first
Wink Re: yin and yang of fuel usage

Welcome to the CLUB!

Originally Posted by Adam Lee
Hello, folks!

I am a brand newbie here, looking forward to learning and sharing data.

FWIW, I am a recent hybrid convert; I traded up from my 2003 Honda CR-V to a 2007 Prius with only 9,000 miles.

My evil twin to my Prius is my 1970 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 deuce and a half. The good? Well, it's a big multifuel motor designed for diesel amongst other hydro fuels. I'll be able to run just about anything in that puppy including WVO, BD, jet fuel, kerosene, used motor oil, tranny fluid, you get the picture.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq59oaYA

Unfortunately, it gets only about 8-10mpg.

Here's the numbers from doing absolutely nothing to my bone-stock Prius, still running 36/34 psi in the tires from the dealer: (this will change) - 51.5mpg. Neat!
You might want to wander over to the Prius forum where I help keep the FAQ current with everyone's help. Also, the "Web forum" has a lot of good information about signature blocks and stuff.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Kung Pao Master
Default Re: yin and yang of fuel usage

Thanks for the welcome, Bob! I'm sure I'll mosey on over to the Prius area once I get acclimated!

Adam

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands