Tried to buy a FFH today

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Tried to buy a FFH today

The dealer found the car I wanted at another dealer in Florida.

They said if I wanted it, it was mine.

I negotiated a price, we signed an offer, I gave them a down payment, and said I'd be back the next day to take delivery.

After getting home they called to say the car was already sold to someone else, and that the car I wanted (color, options) was not available anywhere in the USA. They then said I could not order the car I wanted because the GPS unit had flaws ford was trying to workout.

They then offered to sell me one of the two cars they had on site, though it wasn't exactly equipped or with paint that I wanted.

I feel they tried to manipulate me into buying something they had on the lot though it was not what I wanted.

I feel they are lying that ford is unable to deliver cars with GPS screens (because the ones they have on lot don't have them).

I feel they lied about the availability of that one car in order to get me sign papers, give them personal info, and get hooked on the idea I would have my car tomorrow, and then they lowered the boom, and hoped I would buckle and take something I didn't want.

I told them I was not interested any more.

I will go to a different dealer tomorrow, and if I find the dealer today in fact lied, I am going to raise holy hell with ford and complain they acted unethically and without good faith to get me personal info. Almost seems illegal to me to engage in these tactics.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tried to buy a FFH today

There are hardly any 2011 FFHs available anywhere. All FFHs have a GPS unit, not just those with nav. It is part of the SYNC system and the 911 calling. When you use Traffic and Routing services, the system interrogates the GPS so it knows where you are.

Last edited by lolder; 09-22-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tried to buy a FFH today

I think they meant NAV, which was in short supply until now.