Question about the Federal Tax Credit - FFH

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about the Federal Tax Credit - FFH

Originally Posted by MyPart
According to the IRS numbers I can find, even reduced by 50%, the FFH's remaining tax credit is still more than the Aura and Malibu's full credit.
If you purchased/ordered your FFH after 3/31, (until the end of Sept.) you can qualify for the $1,700 tax credit. The full credit on the Nissan and Chrysler Hybrids is $2,200 - to $2,250 full credit. I didn't see the Chevy or Saturn amount, but likely about the same.

Toyota and Honda have phased out their credits. The reason the FFH got the bigger initial credit was because it got far superior fuel economy ratings.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red
If you purchased/ordered your FFH after 3/31, (until the end of Sept.) you can qualify for the $1,700 tax credit. The full credit on the Nissan and Chrysler Hybrids is $2,200 - to $2,250 full credit. I didn't see the Chevy or Saturn amount, but likely about the same.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/corpor...203909,00.html

You're right, the Altima is the only CAR that has a higher credit. You're also wrong on the Chrysler/Dodge/Chevy/Saturn CAR credits though. Heck, Chrysler and Dodge don't even offer hybrid CAR models.

So that leave the NAH and FFH to fight it out in the "hybrid CARs with tax credits remaining" scene.

FFH - $27,270 41/36MPG
NAH - $26,650 23/32MPG

As for the hybrid SUV/Pickup models, I can't believe that someone would buy one just to get a few hundred more in tax credit so I didn't include them in my original statement. That's more like an apples to beans comparison in my mind.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Enthusiast

melovescars, as far as i know, car parts/accessories depends on the brand. like trekwars have said, as long as it isn't ford, honda, or toyota parts. i'm not sure though, i just read something about it.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing your idea here. I appreciate your idea, very excellent.simulationcredit

Old 06-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

When I purchased my Fusion, the dealership at first wanted to include $1000 of the $1700 of the tax credit as part of their selling price. When I balked at the idea they quickly repealed the idea.

It just shows that a lot of sellers will try to sneak almost anything by a potential buyer. You have to keep your eyes & ears open and do as much research as possible prior to entering any type of sales transaction.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing your idea here. I appreciate your idea, very excellent.simulationcredit

Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

The reason the FFH got the bigger initial credit was because it got far superior fuel economy ratings.
sonnerie portable gratuite

Old 07-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast

I recently just purchased a hyundai that is ecco friendly do i qualify for the tax rebate at the end of the yr or has it ended

Old 07-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Enthusiast

I just purchased an ecco friendly car do i qualify for a tax rebate at the end of the year

Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HATTIE WORLEY
I recently just purchased a hyundai that is ecco friendly do i qualify for the tax rebate at the end of the yr or has it ended
Take a look at http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxcenter.shtml. Assuming you weren't 'the first kid on the block' to get a Sonata Hybrid, the answer as I'd interpret the docs is NO.