Had a test drive yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Had a Fusion test drive yesterday

I drove a Fusion without navigation for about 5 miles. I thought that it was more fun to drive than my prior Camry Hybrid. The interior plastics were better in the Camry, and the Camry definitely had a roomier back seat. (BTW, I no longer have my TCH.)

The Fusion wasn't prepped well, and the AC was blowing hot air on the passenger side and cold air on the driver side. That didn't make a good impression.

The gauges are very colorful, but a bit confusing. There is definitely a lot of information displayed. Naturally, I tried to "grow" several leaves during my drive. I should have reset the trip computer, so I don't know what mileage I achieved.

My local dealership is asking $3,000 over MSRP, but I found one nearby selling at MSRP without a dealer fee.

I am not sure yet if there is a Ford in my future.

Last edited by Ormond; 04-03-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Had a test drive yesterday

So the dealer let someone test drive a vehicle that wasn't operating properly - seems like a really bad way to get someone to decide to buy a vehicle. Makes you wonder if the AC problem is design related that can be easily fixed or ???

Then to add a dealer mark-up really takes guts - not a good start for Ford! I think they (Ford) would appreciate a letter about your experience with that dealership.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

The same dealership called me and asked if I knew about the $3,400 tax credit. I told him that it changed on April 1st to $1,700. He then said he would back-date the papers to March 31st. I said "no thank you." Later they called to offer to let me order one for $1,500 over sticker.

On a brighter note, another dealer offered to sell me one for $500 off sticker over the phone.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ormond
The same dealership called me and asked if I knew about the $3,400 tax credit. I told him that it changed on April 1st to $1,700. He then said he would back-date the papers to March 31st. I said "no thank you." Later they called to offer to let me order one for $1,500 over sticker.

On a brighter note, another dealer offered to sell me one for $500 off sticker over the phone.
Wow, that's a dealer I wouldn't want to do business with. Ultimately, the buyer will be held accountable for providing faulty backdated papers to the IRS. Not a good idea!

Glad you found another dealer with a little more integrity. I'm surprised they're both trying to charge you over sticker though...

Old 04-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Default Re: Had a Fusion test drive yesterday

I drove a Fusion without navigation for about 5 miles. I thought that it was more fun to drive than my prior Camry Hybrid. The interior plastics were better in the Camry, and the Camry definitely had a roomier back seat. (BTW, I no longer have my TCH.)

The Fusion wasn't prepped well, and the AC was blowing hot air on the passenger side and cold air on the driver side. That didn't make a good impression.

The gauges are very colorful, but a bit confusing. There is definitely a lot of information displayed. Naturally, I tried to "grow" several leaves during my drive. I should have reset the trip computer, so I don't know what mileage I achieved.

My local dealership is asking $3,000 over MSRP, but I found one nearby selling at MSRP without a dealer fee.

I am not sure yet if there is a Ford in my future.
The FFH is not a TCH and operates much differently. From all I've read the TCH does not even come close to the quality of the FFH. Regarding the A/C blowing warm on the passenger side it could be a number of things. First thing that comes to mind is the passenger side has its own temperature adjustment. If there was a problem with the A/C, this FFH was one of the first to arrive from the factory and I'm sure it was rushed to the lot for a quick sale and $3,400 tax credit. If the FFH had to be repaired it was under warranty and a loner cold be part of the deal.

As far as mileage it's not the fault of the gauge that it was not reset and I'm sure you can't expect to get any meaningful mileage from a cold start and short trip. I would be loss as a hypermiler driving a new hybrid vehicle for mileage comparison for a first time test drive myself.

Regarding the dealership asking over $3,000 over MSRP, I had the same discussion with a Toyota dealership 2 years ago regarding a THH but they wanted $5,000 over MSRP. Dealerships vary and you as a buyer decide the price your willing to pay with regards to supply and demand. The game of back dating the purchase would not interest me in making an offer for a FFH if I wanted the vehicle. Frankly, I would not be interested in a FFH without navigation anyway.

GaryG

Old 04-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Had a Fusion test drive yesterday

Gary makes a good point. The dual-zone climate control is standard on the Fusion hybrid and the SEL. Someone had probably been playing with the controls before your test drive and had different temperatures set. Check out the right and left side climate controls in this picture.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast

Yesterday I had Verizon Fios installed and everything worked fine. ... verizon
store….remember everything u try or but has a 30 day free trial…test drive