Honda Accord Hybrid test drive

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Honda Accord Hybrid test drive

Yes, I know this is the HCH thread and I have one, but just got chance to do an 80 mile or so trip in the HAH, some hills, but fairly level ground. On Interstate ran 70-78MPH It is a different car for sure.
I started out from dealer with reset on A, ended up with 33 plus MPG. Reset B about 3 miles out when engine was warmed up, ended up with around 34 plus mpg at Interstate exit. Reset B there and drove 7-8 miles and it a times was about 40 MPG, but dropped back down around 37 MPG. My friend was right behind me driving another HAH and did not tinker with settings after initial reset as he is not a gadget man. He said he showed 33 plus on his whole trip. I think if we did 65, results would have been much better. These were new cars with <10 miles on them to start.
A saleman told me that a customer told him that he does not drive his HAH hard and is pretty much getting what the sticker say 29 and 37 MPG. Too bad they did not do the 4 cyl as a HYB. I did not even consider the HAH when I got my HCH due to mileage and cost. I hope next year 07 when the new CRVs come out they will make a HYB 4cyl. I still think the HAH is a right car for some folks, just not for me. I have a lifetime avg of 38.6 on my HCH which it not where I hoped it would be, but I wont go to extremes, ie no air, super high tire pressure, coasting with motor off to get there. I just drive somewhat conservatively.