EZ pass

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:09 PM
bdb
Enthusiast
Default EZ pass

not sure where to place the EZ pass on my new Fusion hybrid. The rear view mirror has a electronic bar running up to the roof line and there seems to be metallic reception dots along the top and top center of the windshield. I also have a remote start unit by the rearview mirror. any suggestions? can I place the EZ pass on the center bottom of the windshield?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Xdiesel
Default Re: EZ pass

My boss has the Milan with his EZ pass directly below the mirror and doesn't have issues.
If you still aren't certain, you can get the EZ pass that mounts on the licence plate bracket.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Enthusiast

I was able to stick it to the underside of the center dashboard compartment door, sideways so that it fits in the compartment when it's closed. I figured when I went through ezpass I'd open the door to bring it closer to the windshield. It turns out that I don't have to do that for it to work. It works great right where it is.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Xdiesel

HarleyJoel: Good one! DIY is alive and well even on a high tech beast. Great not having to see the white box on the windshield.
Have you tried it in the high speed lanes as well as the booth?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richoxfordblue
HarleyJoel: Good one! DIY is alive and well even on a high tech beast. Great not having to see the white box on the windshield.
Have you tried it in the high speed lanes as well as the booth?
Yes, it works in all lanes. I've had no problems with it registering.