What should I be paying for a new 08 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What should I be paying for a new 08 FEH?

Originally Posted by MyPart
I agree, there has to be some profit in Invoice. So, this makes MSRP... gravy. Paying over MSRP... bank.

So selling at a markup over MSRP in just a few days after taking delivery is... Jackpot!

Good to know.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

I found the exact FEH I wanted on the lot at my local Ford dealership. As a result of buying from the lot, I was able to get a very good deal. So I agree with Jon (Audiofn). Had I ordered this same vehicle, it probably would have cost me several thousand more. If you can find the FEH you want on the lot, I suggest you go with it.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:17 AM

Hi All
I'm not an experienced car buyer: in fact, this was my first new car buying experience. I have to say I'd expected it to be more painful, but was pleasantly surprised. I had researched Consumer Reports and spoken to other FEH drivers. When I walked in the dealership, I knew what I was willing to pay. My Escape is fully loaded, with all the bells and whistles. The sticker said $33500. After a bit of good-natured haggling with the salesman and my partner, I drove off the lot for 29K cash, tax, license, everything.
Jill