What does "the button" connect to?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default What does "the button" connect to?

I'm in the process of recharging the HV battery in my 2009 FEH using SKeith's instructions from https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...ry-jump-31056/.
With taking it loose I see it has the connector for the onboard charger. Looking at my 2008 I'm seeing 2 wires to the six pin connector at the battery and 3 wires to the hidden switch on the side of the dash.

I haven't cracked the battery open yet to see if it has the charging circuit inside. So what's between the switch and connector? I assume it's too much to hope for a way to wire in another switch to add the charging ability. As is I'm going to attempt to charge it with to charger from the HV Battery Jump post.

Old 11-16-2019, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What does "the button" connect to?

Well I just removed the battery cover and found a large space where the charging components should be. For some reason Ford installed a connector with no wires connected. I guess it was cheaper to use the connectors than to use a flat cover over the space!

A beautiful hypothesis destroyed by an ugly little fact.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Could have been an inventory type issue where they still had the old 2008 covers. Otherwise, it may have been cheaper to go with the connector and not design, engineer, tool, test, prototype and release a piddly cover that would end up costing the same as the connector.

Old 11-24-2019, 10:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShadetreeG
I'm in the process of recharging the HV battery in my 2009 FEH using SKeith's instructions from https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...ry-jump-31056/.
With taking it loose I see it has the connector for the onboard charger. Looking at my 2008 I'm seeing 2 wires to the six pin connector at the battery and 3 wires to the hidden switch on the side of the dash.

I haven't cracked the battery open yet to see if it has the charging circuit inside. So what's between the switch and connector? I assume it's too much to hope for a way to wire in another switch to add the charging ability. As is I'm going to attempt to charge it with to charger from the HV Battery Jump post.
That connector was for heated seats. ford removed it after 08.