What did you guys pay for your 2009 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What did you guys pay for your 2009 FEH?

Trek,

Good questions, and no, I hadn't even considered options, leather, NAV, etc. It would be helpful to compare apples to apples.

My point is that if you're paying say--$35,000 for an SUV, you should look around. There are tons of GREAT ones for that kind of money, and they'll be loaded with NAV, leather, killer stereos, etc.

I'm happy with mine, but I really didn't want to spend much over $20K. With the rebate and the $3K credit, I think I did pretty well. Since Ford is no longer having to offer the Rebate, the resale value on my FEH seems to be holding up.

Chuck

Old 10-08-2008, 04:54 PM

What ever you paid for an '09 FEH/MMH, you got a great deal. Let's remember this is the safest, most fuel efficient, luxury ride, high tech FEH/MMH ever produced. What really adds to the '09 is you can drive faster in EV without all those tricks needed in prior models. The new engine also has 20 more Horse Power than prior models.

I've already exceeded my lifetime average MPG in my '05 FEH in the worst summer conditions and wind (tropical storms) and it's not even broken-in yet. On top of that, Florida just mandated E-10 and since April that's all I can get. I just hit 0 MTE at 648 miles on my 4th tank with 2613.2 miles on the OD. Assuming I have 1.3 gallon of gas left, I could continue over another 700 mile tank. I just parked for the night with my Nav Sys tank MPG average at 47.8 and my SGII tank MPG average at 50.9. I'm thrilled considering E-10 and the Heat here and expect much better numbers when it cools down here and the FEH breaks-in more.

Just a note, at fill-up of my 3rd tank, the MTE was 648 miles. That's scary considering it matched exactly with this tank.

GaryG

Old 10-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Enthusiast

What is the X-plan?

Any SoCal people on this thread? I see a few dealers with this car in stock. Wondering if anyone bought an '09 Limited and was able to negotiate anything off the MSRP.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfranci
What is the X-plan?

Any SoCal people on this thread? I see a few dealers with this car in stock. Wondering if anyone bought an '09 Limited and was able to negotiate anything off the MSRP.
I just bought 09 Escape Hybrid Limitied 3 days ago. I'm in L.A. I found one $530 off MSRP near my house. I'm sure I could have got more off if I could have waited but only found ONE within 50 miles of L.A. with the specs I wanted so bought it right away. Didn't want to wait months if I had to order one.

I also saw 2 or 3 cars elsewhere that were selling between $1200 and $1600 off MSRP. The more the car costs the more you can probably get off MSRP. For example, the $1600 off MSRP I saw was on a car that had an MSRP of around $34, 300

Old 10-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast

I just looked on E-Bay. There seem to be plenty of brand new 2009 FEH's with varying levels of options.

If you want one, make a vacation of it, and fly into the dealer and drive it home!

Chuck

Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Location: New Jersey. Land of high auto insurance and pollution.

Got our BEAUTiFUL Black Pearl Slate FEHL with NAV and Sidesteps last night. Paid X-Plan but after the 40+ mile ride home from the dealership, the ride, handling and other amenities prove its worth paying more if you have to. We are very happy with it and especially happy with the fuel economy on the mostly highway ride home.

Sorry for the ugly picture, was taken this morning with a beat up cell phone.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:38 PM

Congrads Mike!

Nothing better than getting the best FEH for a great price. Just think you'll get the tax credit on top of that. It won't take no time for the '09 hybrid system to be completely paid for with the gas savings and you'll have a vehicle with a much better resale value than the gas Escape.

The mileage is great now, but you will be even more impressed as your FEH gets broke-in. I can't believe how my '09 FEH can now hold EV at 40mph in a strong headwind with ~2,800 miles on it. Learn how to use DFSO at highway speeds with P&G and your highway mileage will increase also. Nothing like seeing 9,999mpg and open-loop on the SGII at 65mph!

GaryG

Old 10-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Congrads Mike!

. Learn how to use DFSO at highway speeds with P&G and your highway mileage will increase also. Nothing like seeing 9,999mpg and open-loop on the SGII at 65mph!

GaryG

Is there a post somewhere I'm missing with an easy to navigate list of these type driving tips? I've been on here for months and have searched but it's very hard to find a good description of this stuff (this very importannt stuff ) among all the other posts etc....

Old 10-16-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Slick
Is there a post somewhere I'm missing with an easy to navigate list of these type driving tips? I've been on here for months and have searched but it's very hard to find a good description of this stuff (this very importannt stuff ) among all the other posts etc....
Hi Jason

At this point there's not a single thread or article you can read with everything that has been confirmed with road test or confirmed in the new '09 manuals. Wayne Gerdes ask me to write an article on his site about "Hypermiling The Ford Escape Hybrid", but that article mainly addresses the '05 thru '08 FEH/MMH. The '09 FEH/MMH is not like the prior models and new driving techniques need to be developed before I can address them. Either in an addition to that article or a completely new '09 FEH/MMH article will soon be easily found on the CleanMPG.com home page.

I'm trying to give as much info as I find it out in my post till I have a more complete list. I just got the first manual made available from Ford and I'm comparing it to the '05 FEH PCM/ED manual. Look at the thread here I started on the '09 FEH/MMH manuals a week or so ago. Ask questions on things you want details on now because the updated article will take a little time to put together.

Greenhybridcars.com is not all about Hypermiling like http://www.cleanmpg.com/ is so I only post questions and answers here.

GaryG

Old 11-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Enthusiast

i bought mine on A-plan. sticker was $31,275 purchase price was $28,309. there was a price increase over the summer, but since i ordered in june the dealer took the price difference off in the form of a "rebate" on the purchase aggrement.

Quick Reply: What did you guys pay for your 2009 FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands