Warranty Documentation

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Warranty Documentation

I'm not having any issues to speak of, but the thought occurred to me that I don't think I have any warranty documentation for my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. I got the usual owner's manual and loan paperwork, but I don't believe I have anything that spells out all the various warranties the FEH has on it. I have an account on My Ford (http://myford.fordvehicles.com/) but even there the warranty info is strewn about and some of it doesn't even apply to my FEH (purchased new; as an example of the site's failings in this regard, why should I be seeing "Your Quality Checked Certified Pre-Owned vehicle comes with..." under the My Ford website's "Warranty Info" tab?)

Just wondering. I so rarely get new vehicles I assumed all of this would be documented somewhere. Perhaps it is, such as in the owner's manual, but I read that nearly cover to cover (granted, skimming and excited about the brand new car so I may have missed some items) and haven't found it delineated.

Last edited by GeekGal; 06-14-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warranty Documentation

D'oh... never fails: post a query on something that's been bugging you for awhile, and within minutes you'll discover that information "out of the blue."

Such is the case. I found two warranty related PDFs on the My Ford website I'd not encountered before. Path to get to them, if you've got a My Ford account (free; just sign up and enter your vehicle's VIN); useful for getting recall info and keeping track of maintenance schedule)

1.) My Ford homepage (logged in)
2.) Mouse over "Resource Center" tab on the left of the screen
3.) Click on the "Owner's Guide" link that dispalys when you do #2
4.) Voila. Two PDFs available for download:
a.) "Download 2006 Tire Warranty, 1st Printing in Adobe Acrobat Format"
b.) "Download 2006 Escape Hybrid Warranty, 1st Printing in Adobe Acrobat Format"

That's more info. than I had. Anything else I should get a copy of for my records?