Trade in 09 FEH for Edge, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Trade in 09 FEH for Edge, thoughts?

Given a choice between a Consumer Organization that's probably been around longer than you've been alive and has a circulation of 7.3M/month and has saved my bacon multiple times ... or your single voice in the wilderness ..... I think I know who's ignorant.
For pities sake, they WERE NOT comparing them. They were merely talking about techniques for MPG testing (emphasis on the "testing") and pointing out that the EPA technique is a flawed model.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RiverRat37
Given a choice between a Consumer Organization that's probably been around longer than you've been alive and has a circulation of 7.3M/month and has saved my bacon multiple times ... or your single voice in the wilderness ..... I think I know who's ignorant.
For pities sake, they WERE NOT comparing them. They were merely talking about techniques for MPG testing (emphasis on the "testing") and pointing out that the EPA technique is a flawed model.
I think I mentioned that I have no problem with CR. However, the statement you quoted compared the fact that the Toyota hybrids did not suffer from lack of highway EPA, in contrast to the FEH. That is a comparison.

I don't subscribe, and don't have the entire quote, which I believe I also mentioned.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This is getting a little off track from the topic, but we may as well finish out. The only problem with CR statistics is that they come from a closed audience of people who are willing to pay for CR. This may or may not be representative of the entire population. This is just like the Internet forums (which tend to draw people who have more problems).

I don't really have any issue with their write ups, and for a major purchase I will sometimes buy a short on line access to research stuff. But CR is always only one factor I consider.