Tire pressure guge on MMH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Tire pressure guge on MMH?

Is there a tire pressure monitor gauge on the MMH?
I ask because on my Subaru Tribeca, the tire pressure warning light went on today after (over) inflating my tires to 50psi. I let 5psi out of each tire and the light didn't go on.
So I was wondering if the same thing would happen on the MMH if you over inflate the tires?

Old 12-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tire pressure guge on MMH?

Not sure, but I think the sensors on the MMH and FEH only warn if the pressure drops BELOW a certain number.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
Not sure, but I think the sensors on the MMH and FEH only warn if the pressure drops BELOW a certain number.
Thanks, I would guess that you are right, since a lot of people have been telling us how they over inflate their tires. It seems that they aren't getting any warning light showing up.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:53 PM

Not only that but I think they have to be significantly below the recommended pressure to warrant a signal.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by nicst47
Is there a tire pressure monitor gauge on the MMH?
I ask because on my Subaru Tribeca, the tire pressure warning light went on today after (over) inflating my tires to 50psi. I let 5psi out of each tire and the light didn't go on.
So I was wondering if the same thing would happen on the MMH if you over inflate the tires?
As the others I can't confirm it's go off with over inflation, I too only think it warns for under. But your Tribeca system may work like my Freestar did, it did not have actual psi sensors in the wheels, rather it memorised the speed at which the wheels rotate. So if after the reset & relearn of these speeds a wheel spins at a different rate the computer assumes the pressure is wrong and lights the warning.